'05 Es330 Battery Dies

rickracer

I have a 2005 ES330 that if it sits for 5 or more days without starting (such as parked at the airport)

The battery is completely dead. This has been happening since the car was new. My Lexus dealer says this is normal for this car!!! Can't be right. Please anybody with info...HELP!!

I have a 2005 ES330 that if it sits for 5 or more days without starting (such as parked at the airport)

The battery is completely dead. This has been happening since the car was new. My Lexus dealer says this is normal for this car!!! Can't be right. Please anybody with info...HELP!!

Not normal in any car. My guess, is the battery is bad. I recently had a 72 month battery fail in 6 months. As your car is under warranty, I would go to another dealer and ask them to test the electrical system. They will not only test that battery, but test the system for power drains and verify that your alternator is charging correctly.

Agreed, a strong battery should have more than enough reserve capacity after 2 weeks+ to start right up, never mind only 5 days. The service manager should not hesitate in replacing this for you. B)

:cheers:

Agreed. The battery most likely has a 'shorted cell'.

The battery is internally making a circuit from "-" to "+" and frying itself. This could take as little as a couple of hours, to do.

Sears Die-Hard Gold.

You can get the battery and have it installed from Sears cheaper than the dealership.

Sears Die-Hard Gold.

You can get the battery and have it installed from Sears cheaper than the dealership.

Man is that the truth - new battery for ES 300 at dealer - 145+installation.

• 1 month later...

something is draining your battery when parked check your heated seats maybe the relay is stuck on :) drive to sears get them to hook up their tester and then they will replace your dead battery with something worthwhile hope that helps

A very good 'sleeper' battery if you will to consider is the Kirkland Signature (Costco) brand. They are made by Johnson Controls (which makes many different batteries under different names including Interstate & Optima). I always get the one with the highest CCA (Cold Cranking Amps) & the longest warranty. The Costco is the identical battery to the Interstate Mega Tron model for about $50 (compared to double that for the Interstate model). More info here...

http://www.autobatteries.com/

:cheers: