Problem With Steering Wheel?!?

hey everybody,i just got my lexus from USA, and the problem is,that the engine start everything is ok,but when you try to spin the steering wheel,nothing happens :/ wheels dont move :/ the steering wheel just spin around and thats all :( what could it be?maybe you know the answers...help me,thanx for your time and sorry for my english :)

hey everybody,i just got my lexus from USA, and the problem is,that the engine start everything is ok,but when you try to spin the steering wheel,nothing happens :/ wheels dont move :/ the steering wheel just spin around and thats all :( what could it be?maybe you know the answers...help me,thanx for your time and sorry for my english :)

If you put the car in drive, leave your foot on the brake, does the steering wheel turn? Hopefully the steering wheel turns when you're driving! If you leave the car in park and try to turn the steering wheel, it doesn't like to turn very well in that way.

I'm not sure, but I was thinking maybe the linkage or the steering arm under the car. I think the electric is only to add the advantage to the power steering. They use that instead of a hydraulic pump.

It could also be that the steering wheel itself just isn't fastened. You might try to get the car on jack stands or a hoist and start moving the wheels themselves and watching and look for anything disconnected from there up.

To try to understand the parts and how they are connected maybe go to:

http://techinfo.lexus.com/

and download all the tech info and drawings on that system and then try to relate what could be causing the problem.

Did you get it from a dealership in the U.S.? Because if you did, I know this may sound cliche', but you got to take it back from where you bought it. I think the steering linkage is prolly not even connected. Sounds pretty weird. Srry for your misfortune. Hopefully you get some luck.

Did you get it from a dealership in the U.S.? Because if you did, I know this may sound cliche', but you got to take it back from where you bought it. I think the steering linkage is prolly not even connected. Sounds pretty weird. Srry for your misfortune. Hopefully you get some luck.

Do you ever read other than the first posts in a thread? :chairshot:

• 2 weeks later...
Did you get it from a dealership in the U.S.? Because if you did, I know this may sound cliche', but you got to take it back from where you bought it.

What? Take it to any Lexus dealer for warranty service.

By the way, how did they get the car off the boat if the steering didn't work?

Did you get it from a dealership in the U.S.? Because if you did, I know this may sound cliche', but you got to take it back from where you bought it.

What? Take it to any Lexus dealer for warranty service.

By the way, how did they get the car off the boat if the steering didn't work?

It was in a container and they just lifted it off with a crane?