Diy, Changing Brakes

BjCaleb

I own a 99' Ls and the car is fantastic seems like all it requires is just oil changes and gas. My car currently has about 115k and I need to get the Waterpump and timing belt done here in the spring time. But my question for now is around the brakes. Has anybody had any problems changing their own brake pads? Or is this car similar to other when it comes to changing the brakes?

My wife has an Acura RL and her brake pads were very simple to do and took about 30 mins to do.

• 4 weeks later...

As they pointed out even in this Gen II is easy to do being careful, I never changed a pad in my life and followed the lexls.com tutorial and it was simple, just be careful not to remove the brake wear sensors or damage them. CPR

I own a 99' Ls and the car is fantastic seems like all it requires is just oil changes and gas. My car currently has about 115k and I need to get the Waterpump and timing belt done here in the spring time. But my question for now is around the brakes. Has anybody had any problems changing their own brake pads? Or is this car similar to other when it comes to changing the brakes?

My wife has an Acura RL and her brake pads were very simple to do and took about 30 mins to do.

The brakes on these cars are pretty basic, DIY is a common job for anyone with a bit of mechanical ability. My .02 cents