Automatic Back Power Door In 2005 Rx330

rbhavsar

Hi! everybody.

I just bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2005 RX330 last week and so far I love it.

I have a question about the Power Back Door. When I was looking for this SUV, I saw one of them had a feature that while the back door is automatically closing, if something comes on it's way, it will stop closing automatically. I liked this feature. Now my SUV does not have this feature. It has auto power back door but if I put my hand in while it's closing, it does not stop.

Can anybody tell me if this feature is a standard feature or something extra I have to purchase?

Thanks in advance

RBhavsar

Hi! everybody.

I just bought a Certified Pre-Owned 2005 RX330 last week and so far I love it.

I have a question about the Power Back Door. When I was looking for this SUV, I saw one of them had a feature that while the back door is automatically closing, if something comes on it's way, it will stop closing automatically. I liked this feature. Now my SUV does not have this feature. It has auto power back door but if I put my hand in while it's closing, it does not stop.

Can anybody tell me if this feature is a standard feature or something extra I have to purchase?

Thanks in advance

RBhavsar

I may be wrong but I think that it is standard. I know mine has it, if something is under the back door it will not close.

From the manual:

Jam protection function

If anything with sufficient resistance obstructs the power back

door while it is closing or opening, the back door will

automatically reverse to the opposite direction.

If the jam protection function operates continuously at the

closing operation more than 2 times, the back door will be

stopped at that position.

Before operating the power back door, make sure there is

nobody near the back door.

The resistance must be as strong as the force of the moving

door, or stronger. As the back door approaches the

fully–closed or fully–opened position, its moving force

increases significantly.

If the back door receives a strong impact, this function may

operate even if nothing is caught.

It is not like the beam for your garage door closing whereby something breaks the beam and the door stops. It takes a physical obstruction like KEEPING your hand in the door. Try it. ;) Then let us know how it works. I am not sure about the Lexus but my new BMW has the same thing for windows and sunroof. I have NOT checked it out but I rely on the engineers who tell me it works.

Gary

It is not like the beam furing your garage door closing whereby something breaks the beam and the door stops. It takes a physical obstruction like KEEPING your hand in the door. Try it. ;) Then let us know how it works. I am not sure about the Lexus but my new BMW has the same thing for windows and sunroof. I have NOT checked it out but I rely on the engineers who tell me it works.

Gary

I am almost sure most all new cars have this feature. If something is caught in the door or window. It will stop or reverse. Sunroofs even have this. I am certain that the rear does this I have had a box that was sticking out just a little to far and when I tried to close it would close...stop...and then re open. I should have worded my previous post differently...sorry.

It is not like the beam for your garage door closing whereby something breaks the beam and the door stops. It takes a physical obstruction like KEEPING your hand in the door. Try it. ;) Then let us know how it works. I am not sure about the Lexus but my new BMW has the same thing for windows and sunroof. I have NOT checked it out but I rely on the engineers who tell me it works.

Gary

That is what I have done...I have tried to put my hand and move it left and right while the door is closing and it does not stop...keeps coming down...

Gary

That is what I have done...I have tried to put my hand and move it left and right while the door is closing and it does not stop...keeps coming down...

Once more from the manual...

If anything with sufficient resistance obstructs the power back

door while it is closing or opening, the back door will

automatically reverse to the opposite direction.

The resistance must be as strong as the force of the moving

door, or stronger.

• 2 months later...