Knock Sensor -- Code Received At Auto Zone

Happy new year all!

I went to Auto Zone and got the code.

The employee said, two knock sensors are the problem.

I looked at the thing and I believe the codes were P0350 (maybe P0300) and P0325....

Now, my questions is can I go to a Honda or Volvo or VW dealer to have those two knock sensors replaced instead of going to a Lexus or Toyota dealer???

(Only if Honda, Volvo, or VW dealer cost less than Lexus or Toyota dealer.... Toyota dealer recently quoted over $650 for a knock sensor replacement--I don't know if they that will cover Two knock sensors)

Current problems include:

1. Check Engine and Trac Off Lights are always ON

2. Over Drive does not work

3. When my car's speed reaches over 45 or 50.... the car vibrates--I don't know if this is because of the Over Drive not working or because of the new timing belt and the drive belt replaced recently

Will knock sensor replacement cure all of the above?

Thank you as always!

Happy new year all!

I looked at the thing and I believe the codes were P0350 (maybe P0300) and P0325....

Now, my questions is can I go to a Honda or Volvo or VW dealer to have those two knock sensors replaced instead of going to a Lexus or Toyota dealer???

(Only if Honda, Volvo, or VW dealer cost less than Lexus or Toyota dealer.... Toyota dealer recently quoted over $650 for a knock sensor replacement--I don't know if they that will cover Two knock sensors)

3. When my car's speed reaches over 45 or 50.... the car vibrates--I don't know if this is because of the Over Drive not working or because of the new timing belt and the drive belt replaced recently

Thank you as always!

The knock sensor code could mean that you have a partially plugged injector....

Or low fuel pressure......

From posts that I have read it will fix the problem, when they do it have them replace the coolent hose under the intake manifold while they are in there. The intake manifold has to be removed to get to the knock sensors.

Happy new year all!

Not !Removed! likely both knock sensors would fail simultaneously.

Much more likely something else (fuel pump) has failed resulting in actual knock/ping on both banks.

Thank you as always!

Happy new year all!

Thank you as always!

Replace both knock sensors since the labor will be 1/2 of the repair cost. The sensor will cost about $185 each from Lexus and about $165 from discount parts houses. both sensor are located under the manifold therefore replace both and do not try to guess which knock sensor it bad...good preventative maintenance.

Lexus shop labor was about $550 plus parts (knock sensors 2, gaskets and assorted shop charges) for a about $1,000 repair bill just before Christmas. The good news is that the check engine light and the trac off light are now off. By the way the Trac Off light comes on whenever the check engine light comes on.

Bottom line: replace the knock sensors and your CEL and trac light will be off, you will be able to stay in OD even after the wheels slip. By the way turn off the engine to reset the computer to be able to go into OD until you get the repair work completed.

Your vibration may be another thing that is not related to the knock sensor failure.

Get the work done at Toyota to be sure you are getting all the code read correctly and factory replacement parts will be used to replaced your failed parts.

my 2 cent,

bob