Throttle Body Gasket, 99 Gs300

Does anybody have the Lexus part number for the throttle body gasket for a '99 GS300?

I want to change spark plugs but two different Lexus dealers are giving me outlandish prices for the gasket ($66.29 and $39.00!!)

The Toyota dealer says it should be about $4, but says that neither of the part numbers the Lexus dealers gave (both different!) are correct for a throttle body gasket.

Thanks for the help!

I always use this site to get a good idea of what parts should cost. They are very reasonable.

http://www.discounttoyotaparts.com/redglue...CFRk8ZwodH37zRg

BP

Thanks.. very helpful site! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to list the throttle body gasket.. which is weird, since it's necessary to pull the TB to change spark plugs. Should be a very commonly used gasket.

Anybody have a part number for that gasket?

Thanks again!

Part number for the I6 throttle body gasket is 22271-46070. The gasket is rather thick and the $39 price sounds about right.

Thanks for the correct number. (Ouch on the price!)

Anybody know if the gaskets can be re-used, and if so, do they usually survive intact when the TB is removed?

Thanks again!

The gasket can be reused if you are careful on disassembly and don't damage it. An *extremely* thin coating of RTV can be used on reassembly. If when you tighten the Throttle Body bolts you see RTV squeeze out of the gasket you used too much.

The gasket can be reused if you are careful on disassembly and don't damage it. An *extremely* thin coating of RTV can be used on reassembly. If when you tighten the Throttle Body bolts you see RTV squeeze out of the gasket you used too much.

Thanks!

Thanks!

good advice :cheers: