Vent Noise

When my husband used my car for a few months, he would park under the trees in the summertime, so he'd come home and the leaves would be all over the car. So when I started driving my car full-time again, I hear this rustling coming from what I think is the A/C vent, on the driver's side, up on the left side of the steering wheel. I just dealt with it.

Well, I found out the other day, if I tap on the dashboard right on the intake, up above the A/C vent, it stops. And now I'm wondering if it's in the intake that has rattles in it and not the vent itself.

I'm afraid to take it to the dealer and have them take my dashboard apart. Any ideas on what it could be????

It's simply falling apart. You guys are just too rough on your cars! Quit racing the Audi's and Infinity's, ok?

But seriously Trina, that sounds like a tough one. Unless you are adept at taking dashboard apart, I don't know what else to do beside take it in to the dealer :(

When my husband used my car for a few months, he would park under the trees in the summertime, so he'd come home and the leaves would be all over the car. So when I started driving my car full-time again, I hear this rustling coming from what I think is the A/C vent, on the driver's side, up on the left side of the steering wheel. I just dealt with it.

Well, I found out the other day, if I tap on the dashboard right on the intake, up above the A/C vent, it stops. And now I'm wondering if it's in the intake that has rattles in it and not the vent itself.

I'm afraid to take it to the dealer and have them take my dashboard apart. Any ideas on what it could be????

Trina,

I know, you know, having read my posts that noises and rattles are just never ending in these cars. I too was very worried about having them take the dash apart. The first time they fixed one problem then another came up. But I was really rigorous in finding exactly where the noise was coming from - even marked it with painters tape for the tech...LOOK HERE!!!...and the rattles and squeaks are now gone from the dash. The funny thing was that the new IS loaner they gave me - an 08 - had the same squeak! So it is a gamble to have the dash taken apart, but I am glad I did it. Then I sent the guys in service bottles of wine for Xmas...heck I'll take it back again if I have to. I also have an idea that I mentioned to the service department to market special "LEXUS EAR PLUGS" for new Lexus owners......

This is a huge problem for LEXUS - I was reading the same problems on the LS460 forums.

It's simply falling apart. You guys are just too rough on your cars! Quit racing the Audi's and Infinity's, ok?

But seriously Trina, that sounds like a tough one. Unless you are adept at taking dashboard apart, I don't know what else to do beside take it in to the dealer :(

I raced no one; no one except myself ever drove this machine and I got less than 9500 miles all that said whenever I get in this car and start driving I hear rattles, crackles, etc. you name it. I taped all these noises for history. The tape title is got to be, "The Pursuit of Perfection."

I raced no one; no one except myself ever drove this machine and I got less than 9500 miles all that said whenever I get in this car and start driving I hear rattles, crackles, etc. you name it. I taped all these noises for history. The tape title is got to be, "The Pursuit of Perfection."

Well, thanks, Jay, for that, but I haven't been racing as of late!!! I wish........And are you referring to me? In which case, I've never owned an Audi, and I haven't had an Infiniti in a loooooong time!!! lol. j/k.

Funny, EnginePassion. Funny.

Okay, guess it's that I should take it to the dealer with complaints. I was thinking of it last time, except when I went into the dealer and got it back and went, "Doh!!!!" lol.

What I meant was that YOU were racing the Audi's and such in your Lexus....I can only imagine how hard you drive down there in socal.

And really, I hope you know I AM ONLY KIDDING!

Let us know how it turns out, the vent noise thing....dang Lexus'.

j.

If only I could race my 250 against those Audis and such. I had to start from a dead stop the other day, and gun it because of unrelenting traffic coming up on me, and it didn't do too well when I first started! And I am trying to drive nicely because of our wonderful gas prices. I got 26 mph last time.........I'm wishing I had my Prius!!!

lambobaby1218:

I did not tape that in order to use it as a proof of the noises. As a matter of fact, two out of the theree service managers that I dealt with acknowledged ==though of the record== that these rattles are due to design flaws and they said verbatim"we can not fix design problems".

I heard a strange noise in my car today on the way home from an all night poker game. I turned a corner kinda fast and there was this bumpety bump. Turned out it was only my empty six pack cooler flipping over in the trunk. :chairshot:

Okay, Bartkat. I only re-emphasized the obvious, that the friggin' car rattles!!!! But I still enjoy it........Want me to complain about the new one in the back seat??????

'nuf said.......

Oh, I don't need to be in the back seat to hear this one!

And, yes, it's hard enough to get back there, lol!! :cheers:

I suggested to the service department that they market a special line of "LEXUS" ear plugs to deal with their recent rise of ratle complaints in their vehicles.

It sounds stupid but you may want to check your cabin air filter. There may be something (like a leaf) that is fluttering around in there.

I will be complaining about it when I take it in next time, which is coming up shortly. Thanks, Zack.