How Much Is A Twin Turbo For A Sc400?

twong

I have a stock 95 SC400 would also like a budget turbo or twin turbo system, but would need the installation formula for what else needs to be done, i.e., sizing injectors, fuel pump, any adjustments to cam tensionor, exhaust, etc.

mark.blend, denver

I think it would depend on how much you budget is because they do not make a turbo kit for this car. if you said $1500-2k. i would lol. I think the best thing would be to get a supercharger bracket from lextreme and get the vortex supercharger. you wont be needing that much boost in this v8 to satisfy torque and hp needs. i think you could probably push the stock internals on this car to about 17psi at the most? but then again im just guessing. in any case that would be more than enough. If you want budget dont do turbo.

Kinda depends on your hp goals. And on stock internals, I wouldn't go over 8 psi. MAybe 10 if you replace the head gaskets. And for the money your gonna spend, you could buy a 1JZ with twin turbos on it and come out with more hp in the end, and have a spare motor as a back up. I'm seeing a ton of 1JZ swaps at our meets. Some guys are upgrading the turbos, and going with a front mount intercooler. Rex bought a 1JZ motor, with a 5 speed tranny, ECU, water pump, oil pump, and AC for 1300 bucks.

But if you like your V8, then I would talk to Jibby about it. He's running NA with headers, exhaust, and a 100 shot nitrous system. He has a thread here, and will help with any questions you have. Just tell him Smooth sent ya... ;)

Does anyone have any info with pictures/tutorials on doing the supercharger kit on an SC400? I'm interested now that I won't be driving the car nearly as much due to a new job downtown.

strange enough the guy that built this SC is named Scott. The kit cost about $3200. I think I will just go with a 2jzgte swap.

http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php...ight=ScottURnot

Thanks Smoothe for the consideration but you are more of a turbo guy then I....I very familiar with nitrous and superchargering but have a good knowledge about turbo charging these SC400, LS00's as well...

Why twins?...More money, more turbo piping, more can go wrong.... A single turbo would be a more sensible choice on these 400's... My good buddy just single turbo charged his SC400...It delivers 300whp on the stock fuel injectors and stock ECU... Get on Ebay and get a used turbo, install electric fans to frre up room (flex-a-lites) fab the turbo piping, install an intercooler, etc... If you know what you are doing you can get it done for around $1000-$1500.... Alot of custom fab work..

If you really want to learn about turbo charging your sc, check out lextreme.com and or Clublexus and search...

Just so know, there are no ready made turbo kits available for the SC4's...There are supercharger kits for around $5000...Eaton chargers are favorite and can give you 100 more hp or so....

Is it worth it? Put it this way imagine your SC400 having twice the power it has now...You hammer it and you say wow this feels like it's twice as fast.... Then a strange thing happens and you realise your once slow SC400 is now fast... You drive around with a sense of invincibility, you look at other cars and say there is no way that car can take me... Once in a while you may even get challenged and you smile, hit that gas and win.... Unless you come up against a Z06 vette then you get destroyed and brought back down to earth....

Downsides are you will get poor gas mileage with a boosted motor...You will notice the needle drops to empty abit faster then before you had the turbo's...Also if you have smog emmission in your State you will not pass and you better have a black market hookup or else you won't be driving a registered car.....

I hope that helps with your desicion....

One of the reasons I went with a Nitrous application is to still be able to get the normal MPG on my SC400 as it would in stock form... I've enjoyed that over the years, but I still have to push buttons to get the big power, re-fill these nitrous bottles every every other month or so at $80 a pop... would prefer boost, but live with NOS....

Is it worth it? Put it this way imagine your SC400 having twice the power it has now...You hammer it and you say wow this feels like it's twice as fast.... Then a strange thing happens and you realise your once slow SC400 is now fast... You drive around with a sense of invincibility, you look at other cars and say there is no way that car can take me... Once in a while you may even get challenged and you smile, hit that gas and win.... Unless you come up against a Z06 vette then you get destroyed and brought back down to earth....

Downsides are you will get poor gas mileage with a boosted motor...You will notice the needle drops to empty abit faster then before you had the turbo's...Also if you have smog emmission in your State you will not pass and you better have a black market hookup or else you won't be driving a registered car.....

I hope that helps with your desicion....

One of the reasons I went with a Nitrous application is to still be able to get the normal MPG on my SC400 as it would in stock form... I've enjoyed that over the years, but I still have to push buttons to get the big power, re-fill these nitrous bottles every every other month or so at $80 a pop... would prefer boost, but live with NOS....

would prefer boost, but live with NOS....

What a good life qoutable. LOL!!!

• 3 months later...