Help Front Sensor

Hey guys i need your help. My ball joint broke and i just had it along with the tie rods replaced. However when my ball joint broke apparently one of my front sensors broke too. On my dash are the ABS, VSC and VSC OFF indicators. What is the name of the sensor that i need to replace in order for them to go away along with the price and where can i get it. Thanks

Hey guys i need your help. My ball joint broke and i just had it along with the tie rods replaced. However when my ball joint broke apparently one of my front sensors broke too. On my dash are the ABS, VSC and VSC OFF indicators. What is the name of the sensor that i need to replace in order for them to go away along with the price and where can i get it. Thanks

well you should first find out if you need one or both front ABS SENSORS (save some money). best way to to determine which one is bad is to check resistance in abs sensor (sensor side-two wire terminal). what it comes down to is if you have resistance sensor is good and if you dont have resistance sensor is bad. I think spec is 1100-1800 ohms or close, but again if sensor shows resistance, sensor is good.

hoppe this helps

If you broke the ball joint then it pulled the wire out of the sensor. Mine did it yesterday. The sensor comes out of the hub with a single 10mm bolt (wrench size) and then there are two more bolts that hold the wire to the strut and one to the fender well. follow the wire up into the plastic shroud. You will need to unbolt the shroud and then you can get to the connector under the front bumper cover. The part name should be something like ABS wheel sensor. You can see the sensor wire pulled tight in this picture. The wires inside the jacket are broke and the jacket is stretched. I was able to solder the wire back and used some shrink wrap but I don't think it will last too long. The part is most likely a Lexus only part so go to a dealer. Did a quick search on-line and didn't find one. Maybe someone else has a source?

lexus003.jpg

If you broke the ball joint then it pulled the wire out of the sensor. Mine did it yesterday. The sensor comes out of the hub with a single 10mm bolt (wrench size) and then there are two more bolts that hold the wire to the strut and one to the fender well. follow the wire up into the plastic shroud. You will need to unbolt the shroud and then you can get to the connector under the front bumper cover. The part name should be something like ABS wheel sensor. You can see the sensor wire pulled tight in this picture. The wires inside the jacket are broke and the jacket is stretched. I was able to solder the wire back and used some shrink wrap but I don't think it will last too long. The part is most likely a Lexus only part so go to a dealer. Did a quick search on-line and didn't find one. Maybe someone else has a source?

lexus003.jpg

Thanks for the help and the pic, appreciate it. Do you know if its something that i need to replace asap or can i drive with it a few weeks like that without any issues. Thanks.

You can drive it for ever if you want. Your anti-locks will be disabled until you fix the sensor. When you get around to fixing it, just drive the car a few hundred yards and the abs light will go out. Good luck!