Fuse Keeps Blowing

Xer0817

This is a dumb question but both of my tail lights are out and i can't find the fuse to get them back on when i buy a new one. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Not exactly sure where the fuse is and i'm not in the states around my 300 but, I had that problem and I changed the fuse....nothing happened....check under your trunk and make sure the insulation on the wires isn't fused together because mine and a few of my friends had that problem and the exhaust would melt the insulation on the wires...

This is a dumb question but both of my tail lights are out and i can't find the fuse to get them back on when i buy a new one. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Not exactly sure where the fuse is and i'm not in the states around my 300 but, I had that problem and I changed the fuse....nothing happened....check under your trunk and make sure the insulation on the wires isn't fused together because mine and a few of my friends had that problem and the exhaust would melt the insulation on the wires...

That's a good idea. I've also heard of this happening several times.

So i found where the fuse for my taillights are and i changed it, I drove around for the day and at night I realized that the lights were still out. So i changed the fuse again and they would not turn back on, i did it a third time and watchd the fuse flicker and blow. Does anyone know what is wrong or what i should do?

Did you check your taillight out thread? They replied to what your issue may be. You should stick to the thread you already have, instead of starting a new one if you want people to be able to follow whats going on.

So i found where the fuse for my taillights are and i changed it, I drove around for the day and at night I realized that the lights were still out. So i changed the fuse again and they would not turn back on, i did it a third time and watchd the fuse flicker and blow. Does anyone know what is wrong or what i should do?

Read the replies. Read post 2. Check that out and let us know.

• 2 years later...

FYI had the same fuse blowing problem for my tail lights. as previous posters had mentioned the sheathing had melted on the wires and it would short when the wires hit the muffler. It was very hard to see, so if you have this problem have a good flashlight ready. the wires are tucked in under the rear bumper. i suspect that when the bumper is repaired the body shop does not to a good job of tacking the wires back to where they should go. the wires were just resting on the muffler. $5 for a pack of fuses and some electrical tape and everything is working fine.

the fuse box is to the left of the pedals. there is a diagram on the back which shows which fuse controls the taillights.

oddly, my brake lights never stopped working.