Phone Book Transfer From Phone To Navigation

Hi:

I have been reading the navigation manual and tried to transfer my phone book contacts from my bluetooth phone to the navigation system in my 2008 RX 350. However, the moment the navigation displays the screen " please transfer data from your phone", I see that the bluetooth connection between the phone and the nav system, as shown on my phone, goes down. This is indicated by a color change on the bluetooth icon from blue to balck. After this, my phone does not give me an option to transfer my phone contacts. Has anyone transferred their entire phone book to the nav system?

Some phones or should I say cell companies will not allow transfer of the phone book Verizon is one that I know of. You must enter one at a time manually.

Jeff

Thanks for the replies. I have a Samsung A640 with Sprint service. I have been reading on the web and looks like a USB data cable with associated software is needed to transfer the phone book to a laptop (with blue tooth) first and then transfer the contacts from laptop to the nav system in RX 350. I have not tried this yet but this sounds like a complex procedure to me.

How did you do the transfer? Which service do you have?

Thanks for the replies. I have a Samsung A640 with Sprint service. I have been reading on the web and looks like a USB data cable with associated software is needed to transfer the phone book to a laptop (with blue tooth) first and then transfer the contacts from laptop to the nav system in RX 350. I have not tried this yet but this sounds like a complex procedure to me.

How did you do the transfer? Which service do you have?

My transfer was very simple. I had the Nav ready for the transfer, then I hit the "Transfer contacts via bluetooth" option on my BB. Couldn't be more simple. Now that I don't use the BB, I am interested to know if the transfer from my MacBook Pro will transfer to my Nav via bluetooth. Let me know if it works for you if you go that route.

• 1 month later...

Just set up my wifes new Sprint Sanyo Katana II, every thing went perfect even the phone book. Just followed the instructions for my phone printed off of lexus web site.

Jeff

• 4 weeks later...
Just set up my wifes new Sprint Sanyo Katana II, every thing went perfect even the phone book. Just followed the instructions for my phone printed off of lexus web site.

Jeff

Had a similar experience as Jeff with my Sprint MotoRAZR V3m; no problems at all transferring my phone book to the car's phone book/speed dial..

• 7 months later...
Hello, has anyone had any luck with transferring contacts from the iPhone (at&t) to the 2008 RX350? Thank you.

I just got my RX 350 last week and although the bluetooth pairs nicely the contacts don't transfer. I have found out though by searching the contacts in my iphone I simply tap the contact on the phone and then select "RX 350" on the iphone dialer selection that comes up (iphone, RX 350, or bluetooth headset). Works very well.

I am surprised that Lexus hasn't addressed the iphone contacts sync properly though consider how it has conquered the cell market in such short time. Good luck.

George