New Owner Needs Oem Hid Help Please

Hello,

Just bought a 2003 ES300 with 60,000 miles on it. Let me tell you coming from a BMW 525i, this feels a lot more comfortable to drive.

I noticed the passenger headlight isnt working properly, the car has the HID bulbs. It would start very weak and flickery then after 20-60 seconds, it would shut off completely. I swapped the bulbs and the passenger side does the same thing with both bulbs, that means the bulb is OK. Well I read that this would need a ballast but can't seem to find one anywhere.

Does this mean I need to change the whole headlight? What are my options, I can't get the car inspected without this - any help ASAP is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You just need a new ballast , you can buy it separately but ebay has them all the time.

I cannot seem to find them seperately, are you sure they are sold alone? Please send me a link if you find one, even outside ebay so I know what they look like.

I really appreciate you help.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Can anyone tell me where the ballast goes on this car, is it inside the headlight? Is it interchangeable with another models's?

Hello, i would also know where the Ballast is on a 2003 es300 also. Is there any DIY (do it yourself) threads for replacing them on this forum? If so, can you please post up links.

Thanks,

-kenny