Installed Hid Headlights !

MonacoMan

Wife surprised me with a HID headlight system for Christmas for my '02 LX470. I Just got around to installing it on New Years Day and it took all of about 20 minutes to install including the ballasts. WOW what a difference !! I got the 8000 degree lamps and they are a bright blue/white in color and I cannot believe how much better I can see at night on low beams !! If you do not have HID's on your LX please look into them, they are biggest improvement I have made to date !!

:excl:

HID are nice but anything above 4,300K (not degree lamp) is a waste in my eyes. 8000K (you got) look nice but light output is not that much more then a halogen bulb.

All manufactures only go to 4300K for this reason.

This is coming from a guy who has 3 HID kits.

What is the brand and model number of the kit you got for Xmas...

Wife surprised me with a HID headlight system for Christmas for my '02 LX470. I Just got around to installing it on New Years Day and it took all of about 20 minutes to install including the ballasts. WOW what a difference !! I got the 8000 degree lamps and they are a bright blue/white in color and I cannot believe how much better I can see at night on low beams !! If you do not have HID's on your LX please look into them, they are biggest improvement I have made to date !!

:excl:

They are XenonVision H18K. She got them off e-bay for around $80 (including shipping). I was leary of them but what the heck, I had them and no changes to the LX to install so I did. I have to disagree with the post about the 8K not much brighter than a halogen. I can now see deer along the road from a 1/4 mile away. With the old halogens, you were on them before you saw them. And centerline reflectors light up a long way down the road now. I find that I get almost as much vision with the low beams as I do with the high. There are several listed on e-bay at vastly different prices, but I am very pleased with these.

They are XenonVision H18K. She got them off e-bay for around $80 (including shipping). I was leary of them but what the heck, I had them and no changes to the LX to install so I did. I have to disagree with the post about the 8K not much brighter than a halogen. I can now see deer along the road from a 1/4 mile away. With the old halogens, you were on them before you saw them. And centerline reflectors light up a long way down the road now. I find that I get almost as much vision with the low beams as I do with the high. There are several listed on e-bay at vastly different prices, but I am very pleased with these.

So now you put HID bulbs in a halogen housing? This is illegal. They are illegal since the cutoff is poor (why you see down the road so far) and the glare will blind people.

mburnickas wrote:

"8000K (you got) look nice but light output is not that much more then a halogen bulb."

and mburnickas wrote:

"and the glare will blind people." :unsure:

The "cutoff" is the same for both bulbs if they placed at the correct focal point within the projector assemply. One should always confirm that spec before installing any different kind of bulb obviously.......

Now have almost 300 miles of night driving and haven't had one person give me the "dim your lights" flash.

• 4 weeks later...

I've installed HID lights on my 2005 LX470. They don't seem to be as bright as I had expected. I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows how I may go about adjusting the beam of the headlights. They appear too high. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.