Outside Temperature Reading

Indio

I guess it shows how few and minor the problems are with my '02 430, but the only problem I have yet to figure out is that the outside temperature reading on the console is always about 3 degrees warmer than the actual outside temperature.

Call it being picky, but does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the calibration so that it reads correctly?

:closedeyes:

I guess it shows how few and minor the problems are with my '02 430, but the only problem I have yet to figure out is that the outside temperature reading on the console is always about 3 degrees warmer than the actual outside temperature.

Call it being picky, but does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the calibration so that it reads correctly?

Here is one. how do you it is wrong? I go by weather.com (says one thing). I go by banks etc and all are diff.

Here is one. how do you it is wrong? I go by weather.com (says one thing). I go by banks etc and all are diff.

It never agreed with the radio, so I brought a calibrated thermometer home from work and placed it in the garage next to the car. Next morning they differed by 3 degrees...

Hey Indio, do you only notice it inaccurate when you first start up the car? Because the reading won't be accurate until you've driven the car for about five mins. I've found them to be most accurate if the car is moving and not sitting in traffic, because the heat from the engine can sometimes affect the readout.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Indio, do you only notice it inaccurate when you first start up the car? Because the reading won't be accurate until you've driven the car for about five mins. I've found them to be most accurate if the car is moving and not sitting in traffic, because the heat from the engine can sometimes affect the readout.

You may have a point, I usually notice when I first start the car, and it is always too high. I know if I'm in a traffic jam it will read even higher as you noted, but it still would be nice if you could set it. I'll keep searching for a way, if I find it I'll post it here since now everyone is probably checking the accuracy of theirs. :whistles:

• 1 month later...

You may have a point, I usually notice when I first start the car, and it is always too high. I know if I'm in a traffic jam it will read even higher as you noted, but it still would be nice if you could set it. I'll keep searching for a way, if I find it I'll post it here since now everyone is probably checking the accuracy of theirs. :whistles:

Hi- Just to chime in, my '02 SC is also about 3 degrees high and my wife's '06 LX is always about 5 degrees high, even after we've driven the car for a while and it's warmed up.... then again, are any thermometers ever accurate? :cheers: