Changing Rotors And Pads

Hey... doing some work on a GS300 99 for a friend of mine, and before I got started and tinkering... are there any tips and hints on changing the rotors, or is it just like any other car ( i own a honda and do all my work on a honda). Thanks

Very much like any Japanese car, in fact the fronts are easier than some Hondas. However, normally the rotors don't warp on these cars, so unless there is a vibration, I'd just install a set of pads. Don't even machine them if there is no vibration.

Very much like any Japanese car, in fact the fronts are easier than some Hondas. However, normally the rotors don't warp on these cars, so unless there is a vibration, I'd just install a set of pads. Don't even machine them if there is no vibration.
Ok... because there is major vibration and it needs to be done... when I drove the car it shakes to the point you almost lose control because of the vibration.

I thought the warping was a common issue... I guess I'm just unlucky here!

Unless the car has been driven very hard, that kind of warping may be due to a stuck slider on the caliper. Check for that of course after you remove the caliper and mounting bracket. New rotors may be the way to go.