Does Anyone Know Where You Can Get A Custom Dash Kit For Headunit?

v.i.p.

I 'm looking for a custom dash kit for 92 ls400 but all I see is the black dash kit that is boring. I want to find a dash kit that is wood like the the arm rest and stuff. I heard someone got one like it but I was wondering where??

P.s. any one know where to get rain guard/side visors for 92 ls 400 for all 4 doors?

I 'm looking for a custom dash kit for 92 ls400 but all I see is the black dash kit that is boring. I want to find a dash kit that is wood like the the arm rest and stuff. I heard someone got one like it but I was wondering where??

P.s. any one know where to get rain guard/side visors for 92 ls 400 for all 4 doors?

I have been looking for rain guard for my car for a while too (90ls400) and all I can find are for the front doors...I did find a company a while ago (over seas) but they were just too expensive. If I do find something fo all 4 door I'll let you know...meanwhile, I'll continue my search! There are a couple of places on ebay that say wood trim (but not real wood) for your car....what kind of radio do you have (single or double din). I have a kenwood double din radio and I did not need a dash kit...because I was able to use the stock bracket (whre the original radio was) to install my new radio and the radio came with an oversize trim ring (you can get just the ring on ebay too) and all I had to do was custom cut the ring to fit the contours of the center console. I also bought the wood trim kit ($100) and it looks pretty nice...I attaching a picture now....if you look right under the radio the custom cut wood piece did not fit right (opening was not high enough to fit radio..I sent this picture to the company) and they were able to redo it and ship it to my at no charge so now it fits perfectly! I am also attaching the dimension for the radio custom piece...so you know how to cut the trim ring. I hope this helps!

post-60222-1199453740_thumb.jpg

post-60222-1199455475_thumb.jpg

I have been looking for rain guard for my car for a while too (90ls400) and all I can find are for the front doors...I did find a company a while ago (over seas) but they were just too expensive. If I do find something fo all 4 door I'll let you know...meanwhile, I'll continue my search! There are a couple of places on ebay that say wood trim (but not real wood) for your car....what kind of radio do you have (single or double din). I have a kenwood double din radio and I did not need a dash kit...because I was able to use the stock bracket (whre the original radio was) to install my new radio and the radio came with an oversize trim ring (you can get just the ring on ebay too) and all I had to do was custom cut the ring to fit the contours of the center console. I also bought the wood trim kit ($100) and it looks pretty nice...I attaching a picture now....if you look right under the radio the custom cut wood piece did not fit right (opening was not high enough to fit radio..I sent this picture to the company) and they were able to redo it and ship it to my at no charge so now it fits perfectly! I am also attaching the dimension for the radio custom piece...so you know how to cut the trim ring. I hope this helps!

I've been looking for rain guards for my 91 LS400 also and can only find fronts from WeatherTech...Do you remember the name of the company overseas...Thanks, Stroker

P.S. New stereo install looks great!!!

where did you get the wood dash? I 'm fine with it if it look identical to the wood trim as the 92 lexus.

i have an alphine headunit i want to put in I guess its a single din? whatever that mean...

How long did it take you to put it in because I was planning to swap out everything from my car with 4 alphine type s speaker with 2 pioneer premier subs powered by two amps.

where did you get the wood dash? I 'm fine with it if it look identical to the wood trim as the 92 lexus.

There are a couple of places on ebay that sell this kind of trim for your car.

The place where I bought mine is calle RBZ STYLE INC. 8516 14 Ave. Brooklyn, NY---I live in NJ so I just called them up and went to pick up the trim. Their phone # is: 718-837-7366 The price was $100 dollars - I can't remember how many pieces it had but it's the only Trim kit they have for that price...you would love it. MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE STOCK RADIO AND JUST GIVE THEM THE DIMENSIONS FOR THE NEW RADIO AND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO CUSTOM CUT IT FREE OF CHARGE.

i have an alphine headunit i want to put in I guess its a single din? whatever that mean...

How long did it take you to put it in because I was planning to swap out everything from my car with 4 alphine type s speaker with 2 pioneer premier subs powered by two amps.

SINGLE OR DOUBLE DIN REFFERS TO THE HEIGHT ON YOUR HEAD UNIT....SINGLE DIN RADIOS ARE ABOUT 2.3 INCHES HIGH WHILE DOUBLE DIN RADIOS ARE ABOUT 4 INCHES TALL LIKE THE ONE IN MY PREVIOUS PICTURE. THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME WIDTH. IT ONLY TOOK ME ABOUT 30 MIN. BUT I DID NOT REPLACE ANY SPEAKERS----I DID REPLACE THE SUBWOOFER IN THE BACK BUT I KEPT THE STOCK AMP. THE AFTER MARKET RADIO SOUNDS A LOT LOUDER THAN THE STOCK RADIO AND IT SOUNDS GREAT WITH THE STOCK SPEAKERS SO I DID NOT FEEL THAT I NEEDED NEW AMPS...BACK IN THE DAY I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE PUT NEW ONES...BUT I HAVE KIDS NOW SO I CAN'T BE GOING TOO LOUND ANY MORE...LOL GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT...KEEP ME UP TO DATE WITH PICTURES!!!

HERES: A LINK ON INSTRUCTIONS TO REMOVE THE BACK SEAT...YOU WILL NEED THEM!

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=14710

I've been looking for rain guards for my 91 LS400 also and can only find fronts from WeatherTech...Do you remember the name of the company overseas...Thanks, Stroker

P.S. New stereo install looks great!!!

I CANT REMEMBER WHAT THE SITE WAS BUT I'M LOOKING FOR IT AND WILL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I FIND IT!

THANKS!

thanks for the info but I was wondering what 8 inch subs did you replace because I'm planning to take mine out since it crackle at high bass for some reason which sound so nasty :/.

SINGLE OR DOUBLE DIN REFFERS TO THE HEIGHT ON YOUR HEAD UNIT....SINGLE DIN RADIOS ARE ABOUT 2.3 INCHES HIGH WHILE DOUBLE DIN RADIOS ARE ABOUT 4 INCHES TALL LIKE THE ONE IN MY PREVIOUS PICTURE. THEY BOTH HAVE THE SAME WIDTH. IT ONLY TOOK ME ABOUT 30 MIN. BUT I DID NOT REPLACE ANY SPEAKERS----I DID REPLACE THE SUBWOOFER IN THE BACK BUT I KEPT THE STOCK AMP. THE AFTER MARKET RADIO SOUNDS A LOT LOUDER THAN THE STOCK RADIO AND IT SOUNDS GREAT WITH THE STOCK SPEAKERS SO I DID NOT FEEL THAT I NEEDED NEW AMPS...BACK IN THE DAY I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE PUT NEW ONES...BUT I HAVE KIDS NOW SO I CAN'T BE GOING TOO LOUND ANY MORE...LOL GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT...KEEP ME UP TO DATE WITH PICTURES!!!

thanks for the info but I was wondering what 8 inch subs did you replace because I'm planning to take mine out since it crackle at high bass for some reason which sound so nasty :/.

OK---HERE IS SOME MORE INFO YOU MAY NEED!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/subwoofer.html

<--HOW TO REPLACE SUBWOOFER...INCLUDES LINK TO THE SUBWOOFER YOU CAN BUY...IT'S ONLY ABOUT $70 FROM CRUTCHFIELD!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/headunit.html

<--HOW TO REPLACE STOCK HEAD UNIT!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/rearseat.html

<--HOW TO REMOVE BACK SEAT (BETTER LINK THAN THE ONE I GAVE YOU BEFORE)!

OK...If you decide to put in the amplifiers you told me about...the easiest way to run the wires from the engine compartment are under the car. From engine compartment bring the power wire for your subs..underneath the car to about where the driver's side seat is....under the seat(under the car) there is a plastic groumet you can take out and run the wire to inside the car...from this point run the wire through the back seat to the trunk. Therea was a link to this procedure but...I think the website was updated and I can't find this info anymore....if /when I do, I will let you know.

I hope this information will help you in your proyect!! -marlon

OK---HERE IS SOME MORE INFO YOU MAY NEED!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/subwoofer.html

<--HOW TO REPLACE SUBWOOFER...INCLUDES LINK TO THE SUBWOOFER YOU CAN BUY...IT'S ONLY ABOUT $70 FROM CRUTCHFIELD!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/headunit.html

<--HOW TO REPLACE STOCK HEAD UNIT!

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/rearseat.html

<--HOW TO REMOVE BACK SEAT (BETTER LINK THAN THE ONE I GAVE YOU BEFORE)!

OK...If you decide to put in the amplifiers you told me about...the easiest way to run the wires from the engine compartment are under the car. From engine compartment bring the power wire for your subs..underneath the car to about where the driver's side seat is....under the seat(under the car) there is a plastic groumet you can take out and run the wire to inside the car...from this point run the wire through the back seat to the trunk. Therea was a link to this procedure but...I think the website was updated and I can't find this info anymore....if /when I do, I will let you know.

I hope this information will help you in your proyect!! -marlon

HERE'S THE LINK I WAS TELLING ABOUT.....BRINGING WIRES FROM ENGINE COMPARTMENT TO INSIDE THE CAR!

http://www.cureline.net/lex/audio/howto_wiring_install.htm

your the best because I was about to pay 400 dollar to some people to put everything in with a cheap dash kit they show me that was worth only 50. Thanks for your help... I really needed it

No problem...I am glad I could help!! ;)

Make sure you post some pics for all our members!