Lexus Navi Screen Light Source

LexKid630

Does anyone know for sure what the actual "light source" is in the LCD nav screens in Lexus'?

Is there a cold cathode tube behind the screen (like in laptops etc) that creates the light? LED's? I'm talking about the nav screens, not the lcd for the radio etc.

Thanks for any input!

Does anyone know for sure what the actual "light source" is in the LCD nav screens in Lexus'?

Is there a cold cathode tube behind the screen (like in laptops etc) that creates the light? LED's? I'm talking about the nav screens, not the lcd for the radio etc.

Thanks for any input!

I was told that the nav screens on '07-'08 models of Lexus cars uses CCFL backlights....NOT LED's.

What about the 97-06 nav screens? I'm asking because i notice an obvious color difference between the older and newer systems, and i KNOW it has "something" to do with the actual lighting devices not JUST the screens themselves.

The older gen's seems to have more of a yellowish hue, where the newer versions have more of a pure white.

What about the 97-06 nav screens? I'm asking because i notice an obvious color difference between the older and newer systems, and i KNOW it has "something" to do with the actual lighting devices not JUST the screens themselves.

The older gen's seems to have more of a yellowish hue, where the newer versions have more of a pure white.

I'm guessing, but the CCFL backlights that are used now have different color spectrum phosphors then was used in earlier displays, hence the whiter color.

We began to worry about our mfd when we noted cold dark mornings caused a very dim appearance for the first few minutes. The dealer said they're all lighted by something akin to a CFL, and characteristicly, cold will cause them to start dim. There's actually a noticable color dif between the 10yr old screens to the 4yr old screens, then again to the newer ones. That has more to do with better screen resolution/manufacturing than the backlight.