Tell Me What You Think Of This Offer..

So what do you think?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How is this offer?

• It's a great offer
    • It's decent...
    • Considering the timing, it's pretty bad... (Post why)
    • You can do better. (Post why)
    • For that price, go for an '07 BMW 328xi instead

The local dealer has offered me a 2008 Obsidian (Black on Black) for $33,785. That would be before tax and tags.

This would be an AWD with shiftable automatic.

Available package:

--Bi Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front Lights

--Premium package

--All weather carpeted floor mats, trunk mat/wheel locks/cargo net

Correct me if my math is wrong:

MSRP: $36,785

Offer: $3,000 off - so that makes it $33.7k

PA State taxes, 6%: $2,027 (That would be the amount before the down payment and trade in. $1,247 if this amount is after the down payment/trade in)

Down payment: - $5,000

Trade in value: - $8,000

Amount to be financed: $22,812 (or $22,032)

Monthly payment: $612 if 36 month, $367 if 60 month.

What are your opinions on this offer? Should I look elsewhere? Does this look good? According to Edmunds it looks to be decent, but I'm not sure. When do the '09s come out? (If I wait a few months, will it make a drastic difference? Or will the "December to Remember offer of $3000 off MSRP disappear?)

I have been debating this for a while now, and I have to make a decision by tomorrow. My schedule is going to be way too hectic come next week, so if I'm going to do this, I have to pull the trigger this weekend. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to put a deposit down Friday and fill out the remaining paperwork on Saturday morning. If this isn't a very good deal and you think I can do better elsewhere (keeping in mind this is the only Lexus dealer in the general area) then I will hold off.

Let me know what you all think...

Thanks!

The local dealer has offered me a 2008 Obsidian (Black on Black) for $33,785. That would be before tax and tags.

Available package:

--Premium package

PA State taxes, 6%: $2,027 (That would be the amount before the down payment and trade in. $1,247 if this amount is after the down payment/trade in)

What are your opinions on this offer? Should I look elsewhere? Does this look good? According to Edmunds it looks to be decent, but I'm not sure. When do the '09s come out? (If I wait a few months, will it make a drastic difference? Or will the "December to Remember offer of $3000 off MSRP disappear?)

I have been debating this for a while now, and I have to make a decision by tomorrow. My schedule is going to be way too hectic come next week, so if I'm going to do this, I have to pull the trigger this weekend. If I'm going to do this, I'm going to put a deposit down Friday and fill out the remaining paperwork on Saturday morning. If this isn't a very good deal and you think I can do better elsewhere (keeping in mind this is the only Lexus dealer in the general area) then I will hold off.

Thanks!

Generally looks good. You sound totally under pressure which is not a good place to be when buying a car. - but never the less. I will tell you what i know. Generally I buy a car buy by solicting bids on the internet in a very specific manner -- this this the car, trim level, etc. I do this with the internet sales manager from each dealer within 100 miles - even if I don't care to travel that far - then play one off another. Again that being said my 07 same trim level (but with nav) was about 35,329 plus tax. title.... plus with all season mats (if you play it ,they will thru them in - $100 value). the important other thing is that the trade - it is a totally separate deal. Make sure you are comfortable with the number they are offering. I have to say, what you have working against you is the time of the month. It is always better to push the sale to the very very end of the month - and play your cards then - could get you $500 - $1000 more on the trade or a better price.

Nevertheless everyone has a point when they say enough...I totally understand. From what I can tell on the price of the new car you are not getting hosed - could you save another $500 bucks maybe ... but in the I hope you are happy with your purchase.

It all comes down to an intangable thing - can you wait or not - can you play harder or not. Remember this... regardless of what a salesperson says...buying anew luxury car is NEVER an emergency. Hope this helps.

Available package:

--Premium package

Thanks!

That's a pretty decent deal from the sound of it. I got the exact same car, the AWD black on black with navi and I got the car $35,000 after tax and everything on it. The dealer gave me a $4,000 off because I'm korean and he's korean, sounds kinda lame but hey it saved me money. And also the navi came with the lux, premium, and all weather floor mat package. The whole deal on the car was going to be about $40,000 which is about the MSRP from lexus. But does your car have navi, because without the navi, it shouldn't cost $36,000.

Generally looks good. You sound totally under pressure which is not a good place to be when buying a car. - but never the less. I will tell you what i know. Generally I buy a car buy by solicting bids on the internet in a very specific manner -- this this the car, trim level, etc. I do this with the internet sales manager from each dealer within 100 miles - even if I don't care to travel that far - then play one off another. Again that being said my 07 same trim level (but with nav) was about 35,329 plus tax. title.... plus with all season mats (if you play it ,they will thru them in - $100 value). the important other thing is that the trade - it is a totally separate deal. Make sure you are comfortable with the number they are offering. I have to say, what you have working against you is the time of the month. It is always better to push the sale to the very very end of the month - and play your cards then - could get you $500 - $1000 more on the trade or a better price.

Nevertheless everyone has a point when they say enough...I totally understand. From what I can tell on the price of the new car you are not getting hosed - could you save another $500 bucks maybe ... but in the I hope you are happy with your purchase.

It all comes down to an intangable thing - can you wait or not - can you play harder or not. Remember this... regardless of what a salesperson says...buying anew luxury car is NEVER an emergency. Hope this helps.

I've been looking off and on the past couple months. I had been looking at BMW XI models first, but couldn't agree on the number crunching with them, they kept lowballing me on my trade because it was a Lexus and they only sold BMWs.

I'm under pressure more from myself than the dealership - I can still back out if I want to, nothing has been signed and no down payment has been placed yet. However, we start an extremely hectic month throughout January and into February. I have some training to do and to oversee, and a major implementation going live at the end of the month, where I'll have minimum 60-70 hour weeks. Training starts on Monday, so if I don't end up sealing the deal this weekend I probably won't have time again until late February / early March. Do you think I will be able to get a significantly better deal by waiting, or will it still be about the same? Since the '09s probably won't be out until later in the year, since the car is still in high demand (AWD in Northern PA is always in demand), it's a very popular style/color combo, etc. - do you think I can do any better then? If the answer is not really/maybe or anything like that, it seems to me like it'd be worth it to go for it now. However, if it's going to be a significant difference between now and then, it might be worth the wait.

There is one other dealer within a 100 mile radius of here, I plan on sending their internet sales manager a message tonight asking what their quote would be. They're probably 2 hours or so away, but could be useful in negotiations here. I agree with you that a luxury car is never an emergency...

That's a pretty decent deal from the sound of it. I got the exact same car, the AWD black on black with navi and I got the car $35,000 after tax and everything on it. The dealer gave me a $4,000 off because I'm korean and he's korean, sounds kinda lame but hey it saved me money. And also the navi came with the lux, premium, and all weather floor mat package. The whole deal on the car was going to be about $40,000 which is about the MSRP from lexus. But does your car have navi, because without the navi, it shouldn't cost $36,000.

Haha yeah, whatever works. This car does not have the nav package, but I double checked the numbers on lexus.com and they still match up. With Xenons and the Luxury/Premium package, it MSRPs at around $36k... So how good of a deal is $3k off MSRP?

Call Joe Gibbons at Lexus of Chester Springs. I think they can do better. I got my car there in the spring for about $700 over the Edmunds invoice listing; $4500 under MSRP.

Ray Catena in Oakhurst NJ was aggressive in pricing too--I would have driven out there to buy if Chester Springs didn't beat them (Robert Stein, I think was the sales man).

They will ask you if you're trading--answer "No, I think I have a buyer." Get the best price you can for the IS. Once you squeeze every nickel you think you can out of them, say, "What if I traded?" Only do that AFTER you have looked up the price on KBB.com. In SEPA, they will all quote you the "Manheim Auction" price if they are not going to put the car on the lot--they just sell the car to a wholesaler. The only way you can really be successful in bringing them off the Manheim price (assuming they are not fudging it) is if there's more $$ left in the deal you already struck for the price of the IS. You already have something to work with if they low ball your trade.

Chester Springs told me over the phone, sight unseen, they would give me KBB.com price, as long as it was truly in the condition I said. And they did (but not a penny more).