Where To Place The Jack For Wheel Change?

M500

Where to place the jack for wheel change? I don't want to break anything by placing the jack at the wrong places. Thanks.

There are indents/tabs for jack placement behind the front wheels and forward of the rear wheels............... :whistles:

Where to place the jack for wheel change? I don't want to break anything by placing the jack at the wrong places. Thanks.

Have you onsidered looking at the wners manual?? :unsure:

Just something I really want to know while I was trap at work. I figure some nice member on the forum maybe able to help me out without insult.

There are indents/tabs for jack placement behind the front wheels and forward of the rear wheels...............:whistles:

I guess I'm too chicken to try since the under body looks so nice and fragile. Maybe I'll just let the pros go at it. I wonder how much they'll charge for??? I haven't been playing around with my car for the last 8 years. Just wanted to do something easy myself since I see my old Hydraulic jack laying around. Maybe I shouldn't touch it at all, I wonder if my H Jack still function properly or not. :)

I'm sure no one meant to insult you m500. It's just that sometimes people would rather ask than refer to the owner's manual. In some cases they don't have one (owners manual) and they should say so and help is a given. Hope your jack works as mine gives me trouble sometimes. ;) Best to you.

Best place to check is in the repair manual sections at www.techinfo.toyota.com which is well worth the $10 or so to spend 24 hours downloading. See the attached, there are recommended points in the centor of the car for hydraulic jacks, assuming the jack is low enough to get in there.Lexus_Repair_Manual_Section_01_Introduction_page_28.pdf Have fun with the car, from what I've seen so far it is actually fairly easy to work on.

Best place to check is in the repair manual sections at www.techinfo.toyota.com which is well worth the $10 or so to spend 24 hours downloading. See the attached, there are recommended points in the centor of the car for hydraulic jacks, assuming the jack is low enough to get in there.Lexus_Repair_Manual_Section_01_Introduction_page_28.pdf Have fun with the car, from what I've seen so far it is actually fairly easy to work on.

I certainly hope you didn't take my post as an insult, As you can see by the .pdf file my info was correct. :cheers:

Thanks for the PDF doc. I swear I do not see the indentation when I check last night. I'll look even closer tonight when I'm get off work. Thanks for all the help.

Finally spot the location. The jacking point seen to be very fragile since half of it is the side skirt. I was looking at th actual chassis earlier. Oh, well. wish me luck.

Finally spot the location. The jacking point seen to be very fragile since half of it is the side skirt. I was looking at th actual chassis earlier. Oh, well. wish me luck.

Actually M500, I would not even consider using the factory jack on the side unless absolutely forced to do so. I would use a good hydraulic jack under the frame.