1990 Ls400 Remote Starter/alarm

marlon08901

Im new to this site and I glad to have found it! Here my dilema I am trying to install an aftermarket alarm (Designtech #20092) in my 1990 LS400 and I already have the wiring guide and I have tested and know pretty much where most of the wires are but I am having trouble finding the right.....lock/unlock wires as well and the factory alarm disabling wire.....all these wires are said to be on the drivers' side kick panel but there are a couple of harnesses that have same colors--does anyone know in which harness I can find the wires I am looking for>Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'll be posting pictures about all my connections soon.....just as soon as I find these wires...those are the only ones I need!!

I have attached a picture of the harnesses on the driver's side panel. The 2 on the left (blue and white) is where all the wires from the driver's side door plug into. the bottom four harnesses are in the ones in the bottom (kickpanel) and the orange harnesses are the ones on the factory anti-theft module. Can any one tell me where I can find the wires I am looking for??

post-60222-1199395216_thumb.jpg

Not sure if you'll find the info you're looking for, but here's a site with some wiring info for your car:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicl...eard/Lexus.html

Are you sure you want to do this? With possibility of false alarms and non starts? I'm not familiar with the Designtech, but I know someone who had an AstrStart: http://www.astroflex.com/index.php?module=...amp;newlang=eng

which is supposedly a high end unit and apparently problem free. From what I've heard, you have to know what you're doing to connect the wires exactly and program the unit correctly. There are plenty of mechanics making a living correctling bad installations. Hope this helps. Let us know how you do.

Whoaa, hold on here....you cut out all the factory harnesses?!?! :unsure:

I seriously hope you didn't! :wacko:

HA HA HA -- OF COURSE NOT MAN...DO YOU THINK I'M LOCO?!!! :wacko:

THIS ARE JUST SOME HARNESSES I CUT FROM A JUNKED 92 LS400.

I HAVE THE WIRE COLORS AND EVERYTHING BUT I WAS JUST WANDERING IF ANYONE NEW EXACTLY WHERE THE WIRES I NEED ARE, JUST TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR MYSELF. BUT I WILL JUST TEST THEM AND FIGURE IT OUT.

BY THE WAY, YOUR WEBSITE.....SWEET!!!! YOU DID A AWSOME JOB MAN, :cheers: CONGRATULATIONS!!

marlon,

I would love it if you could post your findings and results after you get the job done, any pictures as well. I have a remote starter being shipped right now from ebay, should be here in a week or two, andything you learn would be invaluable!

Aaron

marlon,

I would love it if you could post your findings and results after you get the job done, any pictures as well. I have a remote starter being shipped right now from ebay, should be here in a week or two, andything you learn would be invaluable!

Aaron

I will definately post some pictures!!

Not sure if you'll find the info you're looking for, but here's a site with some wiring info for your car:

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicl...eard/Lexus.html

Are you sure you want to do this? With possibility of false alarms and non starts? I'm not familiar with the Designtech, but I know someone who had an AstrStart: http://www.astroflex.com/index.php?module=...amp;newlang=eng

which is supposedly a high end unit and apparently problem free. From what I've heard, you have to know what you're doing to connect the wires exactly and program the unit correctly. There are plenty of mechanics making a living correctling bad installations. Hope this helps. Let us know how you do.

Every online source I tried had the wrong color codes for the arm/disarm wires.

Here's how to test for the correct one:

with key in driver's side door, use an instantaneous voltage checker (the kind with the light bulbs)--the digital ones are too slow. Then probe wires in that door bundle until the proper ones ground when the key is turned to lock and then unlock. These are your wires of interest.

I wish I had recorded which wires were the correct ones when I was doing this!

OK....MY REMOTE START/SECURITY SYSTEM/KEYLESS ENTRY/TRUNK POPPER--HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN INSTALLED BY MYSELF WITH SOME HELP AND ENCOURAGEMENT FROM YOU! :cheers:

I tried writing it right here but I don't know how to add pictures unless I start a new topic so......FOR DETAILED INFORMATION OF MY INSTALL, INCLUDING PICTURES!! Go to my TOPIC titled: "1990 LS REMOTE START/ALARM INSTALLATION"! Hint: "click" on my name <-to the left.."click" on member's topics and select the first Topic.

Aaron! I hope this will help you with your install!!

UPDATE---YOU CAN JUST GO HERE:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...t=0#entry281786

i had the same problem i put my car to lexus and a year later gave me problem to much paid alot of money its not worth putting aftermarket its good when u have something good i put a 600 dollar alarm and its been great no problem i think something expensive might be the case then getting a cheap one

i had the same problem i put my car to lexus and a year later gave me problem to much paid alot of money its not worth putting aftermarket its good when u have something good i put a 600 dollar alarm and its been great no problem i think something expensive might be the case then getting a cheap one

THANKS FOR THE COMMENT BUT I DON'T THINK A $600 ALARM SYSTEM IS WHAT I NEED. I FEEL THAT SOMETIMES AN EXPENSIVE ALARM IS JUST THAT! -AN EXPENSIVE ALARM. JUST BECAUSE IT COSTS MORE MONEY DOES NOT NECESSARILY MEAN IT IS BETTER---BUT I GUESS YOU WILL FEEL MORE SECURE BECAUSE YOU SPENT SO MUCH MONEY. NEVERTHELESS, FOR A $6OO ALARM YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE BRAND NAME AND UNLESS YOU DID IT YOURSELF HALF IF NOT MORE OF THAT MONEY IS FOR THE INSTALLATION. AND REMEMBER THAN EVEN THE BEST ALARM IN THE WORLD MAY CAUSE YOU PROBLEMS IF IS NOT INSTALLED PROPERLY.