I Love The Ergonomics Of My New 350 But..

Who was the anorexic test dummy they used when deciding where to place the drivers side right arm rest? lol

You mean the center arm rest over the "bins", right? Actually for this over-60 guy with a bad hip, it's the ideal height: I raise myself up on my right elbow when I get in so I can position the rest of me properly in the seat. Then I ignore it and keep both hands on the wheel.

I also sat in a LS460 at a car show and found that armrest to be way, way high to be useful. (Good thing I can't afford a LS anyway so I don't feel so bad.)

Who was the anorexic test dummy they used when deciding where to place the drivers side right arm rest? lol

You mean the center arm rest over the "bins", right? Actually for this over-60 guy with a bad hip, it's the ideal height: I raise myself up on my right elbow when I get in so I can position the rest of me properly in the seat. Then I ignore it and keep both hands on the wheel.

I also sat in a LS460 at a car show and found that armrest to be way, way high to be useful. (Good thing I can't afford a LS anyway so I don't feel so bad.)

Not only is it too high but it is way to close to the seat to be effective and Im just average sized.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only is it too high but it is way to close to the seat to be effective and Im just average sized.

Hey, great product for future Lexi: Adjustable arm rests! (I mean, there are so many adjustments on this car now, another one shouldn't be a problem.)

I can see your point about it being intrusive - my vertically-challenged wife whips it out of the way before she climbs in. Great for me, not for her. Oh well, just enjoy your vehicle.

• 1 month later...

We had a 2004 RX 330, and one of the first things I noticed in the 2008 RX 350 is that the right arm rest is noticeably higher. They made so many little changes in 4 years, but missed some of the bigger ones. You wonder what goes through their heads.

We had a 2004 RX 330, and one of the first things I noticed in the 2008 RX 350 is that the right arm rest is noticeably higher. They made so many little changes in 4 years, but missed some of the bigger ones. You wonder what goes through their heads.

Personally, I think the arm rest is fine just like it is and I'm neither anorexic or fat (but I am male). Nebraska99, by making a reference to 'anorexic', I'm assuming you think it's placed too close?

Personally, I think the arm rest is fine just like it is and I'm neither anorexic or fat (but I am male). Nebraska99, by making a reference to 'anorexic', I'm assuming you think it's placed too close?

Yes Sir, too close and too high.