Radio Mods-dash Kits

Trying to find an install dash kit for a '96 Lexus SC300. I was told by the crew at my local Best Buy that they didn't have one and couldn't find one. I've looked online for many, many hours and couldn't find one. I'm wanting to install a Dual XDVD8181, Christmas gift. I've heard that the lexus SC models and the Supra are very similar. Would I do better trying to use a dash kit for a Supra? Please help!

Im my soarer i have a dvd screen and the dvd player in and i dont need a dash kit, there is a small gap at the bottom but if you keep the flap for your ash tray up then you cant even see it but before that i had bought a supra kit and it worked just fine but theone i bought was cheap and broke

Trying to find an install dash kit for a '96 Lexus SC300. I was told by the crew at my local Best Buy that they didn't have one and couldn't find one. I've looked online for many, many hours and couldn't find one. I'm wanting to install a Dual XDVD8181, Christmas gift. I've heard that the lexus SC models and the Supra are very similar. Would I do better trying to use a dash kit for a Supra? Please help!

Did you try crutchfield.com?

What's wrong with the Nakamichi stock stereo system? If you need more juice just throw in a kicker amp off ebay in the trunk for $100...Upgrade the subwoofer and your good to go...That's what I did on my SC4 and it now rocks and actually vibrates the back windshield on demand, it puts the stock Nak system to shame which is not an easy task to do........

• 2 months later...
Im my soarer i have a dvd screen and the dvd player in and i dont need a dash kit, there is a small gap at the bottom but if you keep the flap for your ash tray up then you cant even see it but before that i had bought a supra kit and it worked just fine but theone i bought was cheap and broke

did you have to bypass the amp? if so where can I get a bypass kit

i've two decks in mine. I had a big face alpine. And i have now a small sony deck custom put it which is under $50 for the kit at your local audio shop. Dont go to best buy or circuit city go to a real car audio shop they'll be able to do it no problem. I also have 3 1o inch JBL subs in the trunk

did you have to bypass the amp? if so where can I get a bypass kit

• 4 months later...

I have a 92 Sc400 and the CD changer in the truck crapped out and so far the 2 used ones I have found were no good. I own a small shop and do a fair amount of stereo work but the system in this car has me worried. I would like to simply replace the head unit with a double din after market but with no dash kit available for them and no wiring converter kit I'm afraid ill get half way in and find out I'm SOL.

First thing I need to know is does the head unit power the speaker directly( yes im to lazy to chase the wiring out before i ask here), Second does the amp simply run off of a high side signal(speaker sig) from the head unit. Third does the supra dash kit work for the SC dash? Any info here would rock. Thanks

• 2 years later...

Someone stole the radio out of my car, so I replaced with an after market double din touch screen dvd-cd player. I didn't need a dash kit I used the bracket from the old radio. There is a small gap on the bottom so I went to tap plastic and had the cut a piece of black plastic to go across. Looks pretty good.

• 3 months later...