Sound Went This Morning On My Radio

CiscoZLexus

Hello everyone, I just recent purchased a 2001 LS 430 and I can honestly say I love this car already. However this morning when I was driving into work, the sound on my radio just went away. It was working fine when I got into the car and then just disappeared. Could not control the volume at all. Now it was in the high teens to low 20's temperature wise this morning. I am wondering if this could have caused the outage. When I got to work I shut off the car and turned it on again and the sound came back. Has anyone had this issue before? Should I get my dealer to check this out before my 1000 mile warranty runs out? I just bought the car on the 23rd.

Thanks for input.

CiscoZLexus

'01 LS430 Millenium Silver

this seems to be a common issue with 2001-2003 LS. the sound disappears when its below freezing outside. as far as i know there is no resolution to this, but if you find one, please do let us know.

this seems to be a common issue with 2001-2003 LS. the sound disappears when its below freezing outside. as far as i know there is no resolution to this, but if you find one, please do let us know.

If I hear anything back from the dealer I will let you know.

Same with my 01 LS430 UL, temperature was 5 deg, in boston this morning, the sound didnt come out, its the second time that happens to me, it came back after the car warmed up inside, but i had to shut it off, and start it back up.....

Hello everyone, I just recent purchased a 2001 LS 430 and I can honestly say I love this car already. However this morning when I was driving into work, the sound on my radio just went away. It was working fine when I got into the car and then just disappeared. Could not control the volume at all. Now it was in the high teens to low 20's temperature wise this morning. I am wondering if this could have caused the outage. When I got to work I shut off the car and turned it on again and the sound came back. Has anyone had this issue before? Should I get my dealer to check this out before my 1000 mile warranty runs out? I just bought the car on the 23rd.

Thanks for input.

CiscoZLexus

Thanks for input.

CiscoZLexus

It happens to my 01 UL just about every morning with the winter here in Minnesota, but the sound has never just disappeared after it was on in the first place. Was the sound audible as you had the key in the accessory position & then quit when you started it or was it audible after you started it & then disappeared?

So far, the dealers have just said that it is a problem with the amplifier, and that would need to be replaced (approx. $750.00). It really doesn't seem to me to be a problem with the amp if it works just fine during the warmer months & only does this disappearing act below freezing - I don't really feel like dishing out that kind of money just to have the amp replaced only to find out that isn't the problem.

Thanks for input.

CiscoZLexus

It happens to my 01 UL just about every morning with the winter here in Minnesota, but the sound has never just disappeared after it was on in the first place. Was the sound audible as you had the key in the accessory position & then quit when you started it or was it audible after you started it & then disappeared?

So far, the dealers have just said that it is a problem with the amplifier, and that would need to be replaced (approx. $750.00). It really doesn't seem to me to be a problem with the amp if it works just fine during the warmer months & only does this disappearing act below freezing - I don't really feel like dishing out that kind of money just to have the amp replaced only to find out that isn't the problem.

No I had turned the car on and started moving. I noticed the sound went out as I was backing out of my driveway. I asked the dealer and they said they didn't know anything about it. As long as it comes back on I don't have a problem with it, well not if the fix is 750 bucks.

Thanks for input.

CiscoZLexus

No I had turned the car on and started moving. I noticed the sound went out as I was backing out of my driveway. I asked the dealer and they said they didn't know anything about it. As long as it comes back on I don't have a problem with it, well not if the fix is 750 bucks.

I have also read on another thread that it could possibly be a problem with the phone or Lexus Link if your LS is so equipped. Mine had the Lexus Link, but I had the dealer install the sunglass holder under one of the service bulletins thinking that might be the problem - it wasn't, but the Lexus Link was pretty useless anyway only being analog.