Annoying Sound From The Back Of The Glovebox And Heater Not Working

kavehghazi

For the past 6-8 months, I hear a noise coming from the back of the glove box. I describe the noise as some sort of electromechanical relay switching on and off. There is another post in this forum that states the same problem and they describe the noise as a malfunctioning pump sound. I have taken the glove box out and looked at the components in there but could not figure it out. The cabin filter is clean.

I ran the AC on and off but I didn't think it was related to that. And just in the past 2 weeks, the sound is gone and my heater is not working, but the AC works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

There's a little door/flap that's opened and closed by a servo motor. I think it's the one that directs air to the vents or to the floor. The little motor has probably failed or the control circuit board has gone bad.

Take the glove box and filter out again and while watching and listening cycle the a/c heater switch off and on and see if you can locate the noise. The motor is just to the left of the blower fan if I remember correctly.

There's a little door/flap that's opened and closed by a servo motor. I think it's the one that directs air to the vents or to the floor. The little motor has probably failed or the control circuit board has gone bad.

Take the glove box and filter out again and while watching and listening cycle the a/c heater switch off and on and see if you can locate the noise. The motor is just to the left of the blower fan if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the info. I will check that out and report back. I noticed the flap moving up and down as I switched to air recycle and it still does.

I did check my coolant level and it was all the way down to nothing in the reserve. I filled it back up, maybe that has something to do with that, but I'm sure it has something to do with the heater not working. I turned the car on for a little and played with the heater guage but it keeps pushing cold air. I hope I didn't damage anything permanent.

Thanks again

I checked the Coolant reserve and it was empty, I added coolant in the reserve and drove around for 2 days, and the heater finally started to kick in. Everything seems to be working fine for now.

Thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...