No Audio Sound

I just had my GS400 washed and noticed that I now have no sound from the radio or CD player. They both seem to function properly as I have not lost any displays and they all function properly other than there is no sound at all. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...
I just had my GS400 washed and noticed that I now have no sound from the radio or CD player. They both seem to function properly as I have not lost any displays and they all function properly other than there is no sound at all. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks

If you have an amp in the trunk, check to see if it got wet. This occured with my '95 SC400 and the radio/cd died.

• 4 weeks later...

this just happened to me, drive through touchless carwash, then no radio, well I had radio, but only the low end, bass. If I keep turning it off and on, occasionally i will get the whole thing for a few seconds, then I lose the high end again, with the low end only making anysound. Did you end up replacing the radio, the amp or both? if you had a CD player, did you end replacing that too?

well removed the amp from trunk area cleaned off the corrosion with some cleaner, resealed it. (been in electronics my whole life, so I have some of this stuff lying around) reinstalled, and everything is working. Well except the cd player, sound scratchy, and skips . I suppose being in the trunk for all these years, who would want to work.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem also, everything is working fine except no audio from the speakers, i tried searching for the amplifier but i have no idea where it is, any comments?

Car:

2003 ES300

I have the same problem also, everything is working fine except no audio from the speakers, i tried searching for the amplifier but i have no idea where it is, any comments?

Car:

2003 ES300

Car:

2003 ES300

I am frustrated with this same issue and hoped either of you figured it out before I drop a chunk to get it fixed.

Here are my symptoms:

The car is a 2000, and I've only got 25K on it. The audio has worked great since the start. Today, it's raining like cats and dogs (coincidence?) and I get in, crank up the radio and it's going fine. A few minutes down the road, sound simply cuts out... no distorion, just off. The display is still up, and I turn on the CD and it's working but no sound.

I figure that maybe because I had all the ele in the car going: lights, audio, ac on and off because it was particularly humid and I had to defog, wipers, etc that it was a fuse. Later in the day after work, I get in and to my surpriuse the radio is workign again... for about on eminute and then it stops.

It's on again off agin like this. I get it home and am doing some entry level sluething adn it's goes off again.

I know it's not a fuse: blown fuses do not work, they are not off and on.

It's not poor speaker wirng, if so I'd hear distortion and it; would be localized... not all 6 speakers and the sub.

Any help lads?

my email is zenmodo@msn.com

I will all I can, if I figure out the prob, I can maybe help more.

Thanks!

BTW, the amp is in one of 2 places: I know for sur eon my 2000 es 300 it's in the glove box area with the Changer. Othe rlikley spots are under the pass side seat.

I took of fthe glaove box to look around but real;ized I was in close prox to the pass air bag... not knowing chips from crisps, I backed off.