Battery Or Ecu Or Fuses - Help!

While Driving my 98 GS400, my radio (sound, lights) & dashboard (lights) flash very quickly, but then return to normal. It may do this 4 or 5 times while driving. More recently, my car shut off while idling, but started right back up after turning the ignition. At first, I thought it may have been a fuel pump issue, but the electrical went out as well. I thought it may have been a battery issue, but the battery is only 5 months old. I checked the fuses, and they appear to be functioning. The only other conclusion I can think of is an ECU issue. If that is the case, thats my worst nightmare. I do not want to shell out 2K+ for a new ECU. Has this happened to anyone else?

While Driving my 98 GS400, my radio (sound, lights) & dashboard (lights) flash very quickly, but then return to normal. It may do this 4 or 5 times while driving. More recently, my car shut off while idling, but started right back up after turning the ignition. At first, I thought it may have been a fuel pump issue, but the electrical went out as well. I thought it may have been a battery issue, but the battery is only 5 months old. I checked the fuses, and they appear to be functioning. The only other conclusion I can think of is an ECU issue. If that is the case, thats my worst nightmare. I do not want to shell out 2K+ for a new ECU. Has this happened to anyone else?

Double check your neg. ground battery terminal. Since your battery was changed out 5 mo. ago , It may have a different size post on the battery.

Let us know. :cheers: