2002 Es 300 Wipers Don't 'park'

Chip

I thought the windshield wipers on my ES 300 used to 'park' down under the edge of the hood but when I drove it last ( this is my wife's car) I saw that when shut off, they remain up a ways on the windshield like at the bottom of a stroke. Are they supposed to 'park' down under the hood? What is the problem if they don't?

thanks.

I thought the windshield wipers on my ES 300 used to 'park' down under the edge of the hood but when I drove it last ( this is my wife's car) I saw that when shut off, they remain up a ways on the windshield like at the bottom of a stroke. Are they supposed to 'park' down under the hood? What is the problem if they don't?

thanks.

Mine did that in the winters when snow is under them.

thanks.

Mine did that in the winters when snow is under them.

There is a summer and winter wiper park position on the ES 300 wipers. The summer setting parks the wipers down low under the edge of the hood and the winter setting parks the blades higher up the window to allow for snow.

The owner's manual has instructions on how to set them for summer or winter.

thanks guys. I feel better and I really appreciate the wealth of information and the willingness of the group to share it. Being part of this community has saved me some $$$ :D