Thinking About Buying My First Lexus Ls 460

Hello everyone,

as you can probably tell I am new here and I am looking for some advise, maybe I can find some good advise on this forum. I have recently become very interested in the Lexus LS 460 and have come to the point where I need to start thinking about a decision. I currently drive a 2007 Acura RL, it is a great car, don't let anyone fool you, you definitely get your monies worth. I upgraded the car with the Aspec suspension and wheels and that alone made the car greater. Wit that said I would really like to drive a different car for once, my past 4 cars have all been Acuras and I would like to try something different. I had nothing but good experiences with the Acura Family, but you know how it goes. So what made you guys purchase the LS? What do you like, what do you dislike? Most important though, what kind of payment should I look for? Currently I pay about $700 a month, but I could pay a little more if needed, or even lease. I only drive my POV about 8k per year and that might just be the way to go. I look forward to hearing from you guys and your opinions, thanks !

I have looked at the GS and I do believe it is a nice car and it does have a lot to offer, but the LS has me wanting to switch, not the GS. I can afford the LS, I think . . . . . lol, guess the only way to find out would be to visit the local dealer again.

700 a month isn't going to get you into an LS unfortunately unless you've got some money to put down. Even with 12k miles a year on a lease the cheapest LS you can really buy in the states is $68k, its a significantly more expensive car than the RL. You're going to be looking at more like $950-$1100 a month depending on the term.

To buy, again assuming nothing down its going to be more like $1300-$1400 a month. To get to $700 you'd have to put like $25-30k down. In a lease you'd have to put $10k or so down...

$700 a month would get you into a UL ES350. But even a GS350 would be a stretch, again assuming nothing down.

I totally understand that my payment will be more then what I pay now, there is no issue there. All I am doing is trying to get a feel for what I will will be looking at and I appreciate all your input. With that said the LS and RL interior look a lot alike, except of course the LS's interior being a bit bigger of course. The only turn off I have found so far on the Lexus model is the Navi lockout, other then that I am totally giddy on getting the car.

:cheers:

With that said the LS and RL interior look a lot alike, except of course the LS's interior being a bit bigger of course.

Theres no comparison in them qualitywise either. You'll be really happy with it ;)

Welcome to the forum, I have an LS and opted for it over Mercedes S class and CLS. I have always paid cash for cars so I can't help with what the payment/lease will be. I paid $60,750 + tax for my 2007 LS460 w/Levison Nav etc. Didn't go for the auto park stuff or power doors but got everything else. You need to shop arround for the car to get the pricing. Some dealers are very proud of their inventory and think its worth a lot. I even considered flying to go get my car (what a fun drive home it would be). Once I had a written quote from an out of state and town dealer - my local dealer beat it (image that). Don't be fooled by the BS that "these cars are so hot they sell before they hit the lot".

I love my car. I had lots of fun leaving BMW 7's and 5's in the dust. The ride is quiet as a coffin, smooooooth, and the music system is unbelievable. Put the car in to the manual shift mode once and a while and really feel the power of the v8 4.6L. This car out performs Mercedes and BMW on all measurements exept one (BMW 5 G-Force in cornering beat it by 0.1).

Be careful - you will find yourself touching 95mph in a hurry.

Everything good thing said about this car is true - it is close to perfection. I only have to complaints. It is a !Removed! to clean the inside of the back window and the paint seems to chip too easily.

Welcome to the forum, I have an LS and opted for it over Mercedes S class and CLS. I have always paid cash for cars so I can't help with what the payment/lease will be. I paid $60,750 + tax for my 2007 LS460 w/Levison Nav etc. Didn't go for the auto park stuff or power doors but got everything else. You need to shop arround for the car to get the pricing. Some dealers are very proud of their inventory and think its worth a lot. I even considered flying to go get my car (what a fun drive home it would be). Once I had a written quote from an out of state and town dealer - my local dealer beat it (image that). Don't be fooled by the BS that "these cars are so hot they sell before they hit the lot".

I love my car. I had lots of fun leaving BMW 7's and 5's in the dust. The ride is quiet as a coffin, smooooooth, and the music system is unbelievable. Put the car in to the manual shift mode once and a while and really feel the power of the v8 4.6L. This car out performs Mercedes and BMW on all measurements exept one (BMW 5 G-Force in cornering beat it by 0.1).

Be careful - you will find yourself touching 95mph in a hurry.

Everything good thing said about this car is true - it is close to perfection. I only have to complaints. It is a !Removed! to clean the inside of the back window and the paint seems to chip too easily.

Hello everyone,

as you can probably tell I am new here and I am looking for some advise, maybe I can find some good advise on this forum. I have recently become very interested in the Lexus LS 460 and have come to the point where I need to start thinking about a decision. I currently drive a 2007 Acura RL, it is a great car, don't let anyone fool you, you definitely get your monies worth. I upgraded the car with the Aspec suspension and wheels and that alone made the car greater. Wit that said I would really like to drive a different car for once, my past 4 cars have all been Acuras and I would like to try something different. I had nothing but good experiences with the Acura Family, but you know how it goes. So what made you guys purchase the LS? What do you like, what do you dislike? Most important though, what kind of payment should I look for? Currently I pay about $700 a month, but I could pay a little more if needed, or even lease. I only drive my POV about 8k per year and that might just be the way to go. I look forward to hearing from you guys and your opinions, thanks !

I am curious how your test drive went.

I have about 20,000 on my 2007 LS460. I cannot recommend this car to anyone. There have been endless recalls/TSB's. The 8 speed transmission is horrible when it comes to downshifts and highways speeds and on ramps. The navigation/telephone lockouts are endlessly frustrating. The suspension allows too much body roll but still doesn't completely isolate from even small pavement imperfections. The list goes on and on. Try an S class and A8L before you purchase...

Hello everyone,

I am curious how your test drive went.

I have about 20,000 on my 2007 LS460. I cannot recommend this car to anyone. There have been endless recalls/TSB's. The 8 speed transmission is horrible when it comes to downshifts and highways speeds and on ramps. The navigation/telephone lockouts are endlessly frustrating. The suspension allows too much body roll but still doesn't completely isolate from even small pavement imperfections. The list goes on and on. Try an S class and A8L before you purchase...

I agree. I have 600 miles on my 2008 LS460 purchased one month ago. Compared to the LS430, the ride is uncomfortable and you better enjoy feeling every little bump in the road. Lexus USA and your dealer will not give you any help or advice once they have your money. If I could get rid of this car I would get the S-class beauty with the buttery ride!

As you guys could see in my pics for the last year my "former employee" (he earned it) has brought a 2007 s550 and a 08 s600 to my doorstep for a month at a time. Traded my 430 on a 460. Why?..I can buy any car I want because I worked hard, saved, invested and want the best. My 460 is quieter, smoother, better Nav, (Mark Levinson is 100% improved over my 430). Kicks !Removed! over the Harmon/K Merc and Bass man is up!!! and it (460) lights up when I am near...lol kicked his !Removed!..Also kicked his butt as my doors only need to be closed gently to take it home. His doors on both classes need to be driven to close. He asked why and they said that's how it is. The s550 is nice and bigger but not nearly the toys for $20k more. More noise in that car than my 430. Serious. The S600 has !Removed! amount of power and brakes, nicer interior and drives like a Porsche , still noisier can't deny 520hp boogies. Buy two 460 M/L, Nav for a 600. Nix. I really considered the s550 as most of you know. I have owned Mercedes in the past and that Star is dear to my heart..but after a 400, 430 and the 460 it all improves. Bumps are more noticeable but the car is stiffer, subtly, which I think they needed to get rid of the boulevard ride. But it is quiter. Can't explain it, just feels better and the seats are 100% better which was always a !Removed! of mine on the 400/430. Go drive one is all I can say. You will feel the difference. Good or bad. Don't know who these new guys are with problems and I hope they get them resolved. I for one, have no issues or I would be the first to tell you guys. Take it from me, I have driven them both (Mercedes) in which the air ride died here on the 550 with 5600 miles, including a $150k step up 600. A fine car he has, but not worth a house. I like to rent those houses ;)