Schrader Tpms - Good, Bad?

WhitSTer

I just bought a set of Miglia wheels. I didn't want the tires that were on them so I took them over to WalMart to have them dismounted (@$3.50ea). :rolleyes:

While waiting I was talking to the dude at the counter and he told me they carried the Schrader TPMS sensors for $49 each.

He showed me the new Schrader catalog and they listed the ones for the '06 GS430 and most other Lexus models, all supposedly direct replacement for the Lexus-sourced sensors.

Anyone have any experience with these sensors? (aside from the typical 'I hate WalMart rants) :wacko:

;->

WhitSTer

I just bought a set of Miglia wheels. I didn't want the tires that were on them so I took them over to WalMart to have them dismounted (@$3.50ea). :rolleyes:

While waiting I was talking to the dude at the counter and he told me they carried the Schrader TPMS sensors for $49 each.

He showed me the new Schrader catalog and they listed the ones for the '06 GS430 and most other Lexus models, all supposedly direct replacement for the Lexus-sourced sensors.

Anyone have any experience with these sensors? (aside from the typical 'I hate WalMart rants):wacko:

;->

WhitSTer

Schrader and Pacific are the two major TPM sensor manufacturers that supply the Automotive industry. I do not know for sure which wheel sensor is the OEM replacment for your car but the brand Schrader can be trusted as they already supply to the OEMs. So if the sensor is a direct replacment or at least compatible then you might be fine. You will need the sensor ID's to give to a Lexus or Toyota dealer when you have the new sensors programmed into the vehcile unless WalMart has the capability to program the new sensors.

BTW, I think that this is a really good deal for the TPM sensors. Post your results for others. I bought an extra set for my IS250 winter wheels through Tirerack and paid much more but still less that what the Lexus dealer wanted to charge. Although for price comparisions, I am not 100% sure if the GS and IS use the same TPM sensor but it is reasonalbe to assume they would.

Regards,

BTW, I think that this is a really good deal for the TPM sensors. Post your results for others. I bought an extra set for my IS250 winter wheels through Tirerack and paid much more but still less that what the Lexus dealer wanted to charge. Although for price comparisions, I am not 100% sure if the GS and IS use the same TPM sensor but it is reasonalbe to assume they would.

Regards,

A parts dude at Sewell Lexus had a Fall special on Lexus TPMS for $312 (vs. $400), so I ordered them instead.

I think the Schrader's were probably OK, but for just $100 more I decided to go the Lexus sourced route.

With more of the manufacturers coming on line with them I'd guess the aftermarket prices will fall even more.

Whit