Imperial To Metric?

I actually thought I once saw a "toggle switch" somewhere in the Setup Menu. I was toying with the NAV and other features when I came across it. So I'm not sure if it would just toggle the info on the NAV (distance to target), or actually the display in the instrument cluster (odometer, temp, etc).

Naturally, I can't recall the specifics now. (Maybe I dreamed it.) I'll see if I can figure it out tonight to prove or disprove my memory. I did a brief review of the online manual and came up with nothing.

Strike One against my memory.

• 1 month later...
Do anyone knows how to change Miles to Kilometers and F to C?thanx 4 your answers... ;]

This is how I would change miles to kilometers on my RX 330 2005 model navigation unit:

Menu

Setup

Distance: change from miles to kilometers

Touch OK

Maybe this will work for your car...sorry I have no idea how force the reading to change from F to C.

Do anyone knows how to change Miles to Kilometers and F to C?thanx 4 your answers... ;]

This is how I would change miles to kilometers on my RX 330 2005 model navigation unit:

Menu

Setup

Touch OK

Maybe this will work for your car...sorry I have no idea how force the reading to change from F to C.

Unofortunately, this option/feature does not exist --at least--in my IS 250

Menu

Setup

Touch OK

Unofortunately, this option/feature does not exist --at least--in my IS 250

Actualy my Nav is in KM etc.. but the rest of the car is still in Imperial. There is a metric / imperial setting for the nav

post a link, i don't think your imaginary gadget exists.., otherwise stop shouting..

I'll NOT post the link unless you change your attitude. :o

--Off Topic--

You did type your entire post in capitals which is actually shouting.

"Typing in all capital letters on the Internet is considered rude because it is difficult to read and comes across as very aggressive (LIKE SHOUTING!)." - http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/08/14/how-t...ood-netiquette/

----------------------

On topic, yes you would have to replace the whole tach because you can't change the MPH to KPH there however i'm not sure about changing the readout from the trip computer (this could probably be done by software however i'm not sure what's involved or whether it's even possible without getting a new unit).

post a link, i don't think your imaginary gadget exists.., otherwise stop shouting..

I'll NOT post the link unless you change your attitude. :o

--Off Topic--

You did type your entire post in capitals which is actually shouting.

"Typing in all capital letters on the Internet is considered rude because it is difficult to read and comes across as very aggressive (LIKE SHOUTING!)." - http://www.simplehelp.net/2006/08/14/how-t...ood-netiquette/

----------------------

On topic, yes you would have to replace the whole tach because you can't change the MPH to KPH there however i'm not sure about changing the readout from the trip computer (this could probably be done by software however i'm not sure what's involved or whether it's even possible without getting a new unit).

Thanks Camski!

As expected the guy / girl never replied with the imaginary link to the imaginary gadget :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, Vilniuje yra meistrelis kuris perdaro viska mil to km laipsnius ir plius suprogramina kad visos durys atsidarytu iskarto dienos sv lempas ir tt

Vytas

is350

• 3 weeks later...

in response i ran into this question just today (i work as a tech in training at local toyota but since there is no lexus dealer in town we service all of them) to answer your question rather than spend thousands at the dealer replacing the cluster you can visit

speedofix.com they are a toronto based company with a kit specially desinged for the rx330 i dont know what prices are like but this is what i recommend

This should be possible. Canadian IS models have a readout for temp in C, fuel consumption in L/100KM, and average speed in km/h, as well as a two ring speedo in both miles and kms. The setting may not be user accessible, but I doubt Lexus makes a separate computer just for the canadian market. SOmeone just needs to figure how to hack the CPU.

• 2 years later...

:cries: Someone PLEASE help with this issue!! I just imported my US 2006 GS300 to Australia and I can't get the units on the odometer and temperatures to read kilometers and Celsius respectively. I hope someone has a fix for this via the sub-menus on the Nav screens or by using the odometers reset buttons. PLEASE HELP!!

• 2 weeks later...

My tech guy says you need to change the speedo/odometer too. But it affects your warrante (ie voids it in my case because I can't prove the actual milage). I bought my car in the US and I'm in Canada now. Also it's not cheap, so I'm living with it.