Hello All

RyanV

Hi everyone, I'm about to purchase a 92' Sc300 5speed with 108k miles on it. It's a one owner, exceptionally clean, major service at 80k. Drives like a dream.

I'm going through the new owners info and fact info right now. If you have time or care to give me ideas about the cars issues, please continue reading.

However there's a few things that are wrong.

1.airbag light is on (I'm currently looking for the airbag light reset procedure)

2.throwout bearing is making an annoying noise, but when you slightly depress the clutch the noise goes away. The clutch feels like it was replaced, very tight. This makes me think they replaced the clutch, but didn't put grease on the input shaft or throwout bearing. I should be able to put some grease on the input shaft from one of the holes in the bell housing for the release fork..I hope that fixes it, or the clutch free play need's adjusted

3.speedometer stopped working for a bit, but then jumped up to 30mph all of the sudden..(My plan is to contact Lextech for this one)

I love the car already, and I do plan to buy it this next weekend. I was just hoping someone can give me a little insight into these things maybe?

Here are a couple other projects I've been working on..

I like to keep tabs for when I sell the cars

I would strongly recommend having it checked out at the closest Lexus Dealer/Service Center. They have something called a Safety Inspection that costs in the range of $95 - $125 depending on different dealers. But it is well worth it - Lexus tend to be reliable. But when they need work to be done on them, they can be pretty expensive - unless you are going to do it yourself. If you have already got that inspection done, I suggest adding the comments given by them in this forum. Then people can give you more specific advise. BTW - have you checked if timing belt was changed at 90K? V.V.Imp. Also - how much is it working out for?

I would strongly recommend having it checked out at the closest Lexus Dealer/Service Center. They have something called a Safety Inspection that costs in the range of $95 - $125 depending on different dealers. But it is well worth it - Lexus tend to be reliable. But when they need work to be done on them, they can be pretty expensive - unless you are going to do it yourself. If you have already got that inspection done, I suggest adding the comments given by them in this forum. Then people can give you more specific advise. BTW - have you checked if timing belt was changed at 90K? V.V.Imp. Also - how much is it working out for?

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely look into the inspection at one of the dealers. Thanks!

Ryan

Well, the dealership sold that car from under me...unfortunately so whatever.

I found another one for $500 more at $5500 and it has 60k more miles on it..

It's also a 5spd, which I want.