1999 Ls400 Suggestion To Buy Or Not!

an ly

hello all lexus members, need your feedback on this, a good friend of mine ask for my opionion to see if he should purchase a 1999 ls 400, with 56500 miles one owner vehicle, car is silver ext. with gray leather int. always been maintain at lexus dealers, nothing wrong with car according to owner, the onlyl issue is the indicator light for low windshield fluids keep coming on, won't go off even when fill up. he will not budge at $15400. Not sure what members here think of this deal. thanks.

An

If there is a clean carfax and scheduled Lexus maintenance and with that low a mileage then yes it's a buy. As far a the washer fluid usually a good cleaning of the sensor on the cap alleviates the problem. Good Luck.

Did you check kbb.com or nada.com for private sale value? I like to start there and search until I find the car I want at 10-20% off the kbb.com. One must be patient with my method as most sellers use kbb.com to set the value. Also, run a CarFax or AutoCheck. It can't hurt.

On the other hand, if the car is as solid as described and your friend does not want to invest (or have) the time or effort to find as nice a car at a lower price, then the price seems fair.

As a point of reference, I bought (after searching for 3-4 months) a '98 LS 400 (one family car; normal wear and tear for a 9 year old car) with 81,000 miles for $10,750 recently. I put four new Michelin's and two hood lifts, so I'm in for about $11,500.00.

Good luck,

Eddie