Wheel Bearing Parts

lexman1

Hello everyone....I have to replace my right rear wheel bearing in my 92 SC300, but can't find all the parts I need. I checked out my manual and it looks like I need the Dust Deflector, Oil Seals, Bearing, and Inner races. However, I can only find the bearing and oil seals online. Is there a place where I can get all the non-reusable parts? Do I even need to replace the inner races and dust deflector, the Repair Manual said that these are also non-reusable parts. Thanks everyone for your help.

Hello everyone....I have to replace my right rear wheel bearing in my 92 SC300, but can't find all the parts I need. I checked out my manual and it looks like I need the Dust Deflector, Oil Seals, Bearing, and Inner races. However, I can only find the bearing and oil seals online. Is there a place where I can get all the non-reusable parts? Do I even need to replace the inner races and dust deflector, the Repair Manual said that these are also non-reusable parts. Thanks everyone for your help.

Wow...this must be a tough job....since I haven't heard back from anyone.... :cries:

I also have a 1992 SC with a bad rear wheel bearing...I purchased a new incased wheel bearing from the dealer for $110 just the other day... Rip off... I would now check Egay and or Amazon for a better price...

I am now just going to replace the bearing by removing the rear wheel, removing the axle nut, then removing the bad bearing...I may have to disconnect the independant axle from the differential (5 allen bolts) and pull it out to remove all the bad bearing and any loose debri's...Hoping it won't get that involved though... I am actually going to buy the bearing grease now at Kragen...Then I will pack both the bearing and alxe bearing area with the axle grease...As a guideling to follow I will look at how the old grease was applied and how much and copy with the new grease if I get confused or uncertain on how much grease to apply...I will pack the bearing with grease prior to installation by putting grease in the palm of my hand and rolling the new bearing in a circular motion to allow the new grease to saturate... That is about it.....When closing the deal up I will then tighten down the axle bolt just enough as I think fit, not to tight or to loose as I believe it will presses against the bearing. I will check the wheel to see if it spins freely and has no wobble...If all is tight and smoothe I am done...

I did this with my past cars with success, I don't see the lexus SC's being any different...Not going to worry about deflection shields, and other non usable parts, etc.. It's the bearing that is bad and it is the bearing I will replace...Hope that helps...

Shouldn't be a big deal... What signs of bearing damage are you experiencing...I get little a rubbing noise that you can barely hear...Not that bad but just enoying enough to make me fix it.. This is what my 1992 SC rear wheel bearing looks like...

post-13978-1199307318_thumb.jpg

Well I forgot a to mention a few details...You also need to remove the brake caliper, remove the axle and hub... Then you may need a puller to remove the housing... It's a big job, and you will need am allen bolt wrench and puller to do the job...

I forgot it was the involved...It's been about three years since I last did this job...

Well I forgot a to mention a few details...You also need to remove the brake caliper, remove the axle and hub... Then you may need a puller to remove the housing... It's a big job, and you will need am allen bolt wrench and puller to do the job...

I forgot it was the involved...It's been about three years since I last did this job...

Thanks for the information. I scanned the photo from the repair manual, so hopefully this will help you. Let me know how it turns out, but from the layout it looks like you need those races. I went to www.autopartswarehouse.com and didn't find the races.

Lexus_SC300_wheel_bearing_layout.pdf