1993 Ls 400 For Bigbuggie?

BigBuggie

Hi Guys, Im new here and was wondering if you would recommend a 1993 LS with 225k on it for 3.9? I think I can get down a bit, maybe 3k. The car drives great! looks good too! Im just a bit skeptical about buying a vehicle that has been to the moon, I however recognize the prestige of this auto and it's potential for much more motoring.

Just wanted to ask the pros

Sincerely, Pete

Hi Guys, Im new here and was wondering if you would recommend a 1993 LS with 225k on it for 3.9? I think I can get down a bit, maybe 3k. The car drives great! looks good too! Im just a bit skeptical about buying a vehicle that has been to the moon, I however recognize the prestige of this auto and it's potential for much more motoring.

Sincerely, Pete

Sincerely, Pete

Price sounds ok, 3k would be better. Definitely not a pro but things I would check or have checked for your peace of mind:

- last time the timing belt was changed (with 225k should have been done twice)

- power steering pump leaks / wet alternator

- A/c compressor sensor

- get underneath to see if it's been banged, zipped or rebuilt.

I would also try to get as much service history as possible or at least the last couple of service bills.

If nothing else was done but all the fluids & filters changed as per schedule, should be nice a car.

Sincerely, Pete

Also check out the "Highest Mileage" forum for an idea of what kind of longevity you can expect with this model.