91 Mecedes Sl300?

93ls400walt

I love my 93LS and am looking for a second one but can not fine the right one now. I found a 91 MB SL300 on the local craigs list. Asking $8500. 0BO 122,000 miles. EBAY has them listed for more cash.

Do any of you have knowledge on this car or any thoughts?

Thanks, Walt

I love my 93LS and am looking for a second one but can not fine the right one now. I found a 91 MB SL300 on the local craigs list. Asking $8500. 0BO 122,000 miles. EBAY has them listed for more cash.

Do any of you have knowledge on this car or any thoughts?

Thanks, Walt

My suggestion would be to Google "Mercedes forum" and look for information about the SL300 and Mercedes cars in general. Some of the Mercedes forums have a high level of usage. Having owned three Mercedes cars - total miles driven over 300,000 miles - I find that reading the Mercedes forums are a lot of fun.

I have owned two Mercedes... a 74' 240D and a 85' 380SE. Both great cars, well over 250K. I think that it was not until about 1992 that many started having some issues. Pre 1992 models are fairly easy to work on as well. Is the 300SL a convertible? I have heard of a 91' 300SE and 300SEL, but I think the "SL" is a convertible, but I thought by 1991 that they were 500SL? :unsure:

I visit this one often...

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/index.php