Battery Runs Down

I was gone for two weeks and when I got back my RX350 would not start. Was in garage at the time. I charged the battery and drove about 150 miles. Started checking the battery votage with voltmetter and in 11 days without driving battery was down to 11.95 volts. Doors and back door all closed except hood which has no hoodlight. Does not seem normal to me. Charlie32

I was gone for two weeks and when I got back my RX350 would not start. Was in garage at the time. I charged the battery and drove about 150 miles. Started checking the battery votage with voltmetter and in 11 days without driving battery was down to 11.95 volts. Doors and back door all closed except hood which has no hoodlight. Does not seem normal to me. Charlie32

Check the water level for each cell.

If one cell is significantly lower than others you have a bad cell so replace the battery.

• 3 weeks later...

I ran amperage check on battery with every normal thing off. Ingntion, doors etc. the amperage draw continouis is 2.1 amps. 2.1 amps not milliamps. That is a pretty good draw for everything off. I have not found the reason for this from Lexus yet. If I leave at airport for longer than 2 weeks battery is too low to start.

I ran amperage check on battery with every normal thing off. Ingntion, doors etc. the amperage draw continouis is 2.1 amps. 2.1 amps not milliamps. That is a pretty good draw for everything off. I have not found the reason for this from Lexus yet. If I leave at airport for longer than 2 weeks battery is too low to start.

Remove and re-install fuses one by one until you find the load.