Avic D3 Sound Problem

mbrune

OK, so I followed the Ashhong tutorial like a lot of others before me to replace the factory head unit with the avic d3 using the metra harness to connect with the factory amp. I'm having some sound problems though (cracking/fading in and out). Most things seem to be working fine. Navigation is tracking, radio signal is good, dvd/cd's play, but the sound is off. I've re-checked the wires and can't find anything loose. Can someone offer an explanation as to what wires might affect the overall sound quality? I consider myself pretty technically savvy :blink: , but I'm no car stereo expert. Could a poor ground lead to my problem or is there something more?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Did you double check all the connections? Usually the issue is that the grounds aren't strapped down well enouph, some of the hot wires run too close to the ground wires, and if your using wire taps. So you may need to find a better place to ground to and see if the works, also while your in there, just go over all the connections. I have my notes from when I did my install, but I hard wired everything and ran new amps and speakers as well.

Did you double check all the connections? Usually the issue is that the grounds aren't strapped down well enouph, some of the hot wires run too close to the ground wires, and if your using wire taps. So you may need to find a better place to ground to and see if the works, also while your in there, just go over all the connections. I have my notes from when I did my install, but I hard wired everything and ran new amps and speakers as well.

Thanks for trying to help, but I still can't find the problem. I went over all my connections (especailly the ware taps I used) and don't see anything out of place. It's so frustrating to have everything functioning and the sound is the only thing screwed up. I wonder if running the ground all the way to the car battery would work? Other then that I might have to take this to an audio shop in town and pay someone to finish my work.