Antenna Problems

I just replaced my antenna mass, did everything successfully. Now when i turn on my radio on my antenna goes down, when I turn the radio off the antenna goes up. It is the strangest thing. I have disconnected my battery, disconnected my antenna motor. Ran through many trouble shooting situations and nothing seems to be working. Has anyone had any problems with the situation and over came them?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I just replaced my antenna mass, did everything successfully. Now when i turn on my radio on my antenna goes down, when I turn the radio off the antenna goes up. It is the strangest thing. I have disconnected my battery, disconnected my antenna motor. Ran through many trouble shooting situations and nothing seems to be working. Has anyone had any problems with the situation and over came them?

Thank you.

Try and check the polarity of the antenna motor. It is powered by Direct Current (DC), 12 VDC to be exact and if the connection is reverse, the rotation of the motor will be reveresed. It will help if you can provide us with a schematic diagram. If you can determine which one is positive (+) and which one is negative (-). Swap those two wires and perform the test.

Sorry it took so long to get back. Traveltek you were correct. I am not really aware of what to call this piece, spool of some sort that is magnetic which spends when a current is sent to it to retract or raise the antenna. I had to disassemble the motor to remove a peace of the broken ant, when re-assembling the antenna I attached this part backwards, which reversed the current. Easy fix just flip the piece around and problem solved.