Tire Replacement Recommendation

I live in Florida and I have had my 2007 ES 350 for about 19 months. I really love the car but I'm very disappointed in the OE Toyo tires. I have been faithfully rotating and making sure my tire pressure is kept accurate and at 19,000 miles these tires are very close to going to tire heaven. Does anyone have a recommendation on what a better wearing tire might be..? Perhaps someone can comment on the OE Michelins or another OE tire that performs well and seems to be wearing better than a 20K anticipated tire life for these inferior Toyo's.

Thanks, Richard, Boca Raton, Fl

I live in Florida and I have had my 2007 ES 350 for about 19 months. I really love the car but I'm very disappointed in the OE Toyo tires. I have been faithfully rotating and making sure my tire pressure is kept accurate and at 19,000 miles these tires are very close to going to tire heaven. Does anyone have a recommendation on what a better wearing tire might be..? Perhaps someone can comment on the OE Michelins or another OE tire that performs well and seems to be wearing better than a 20K anticipated tire life for these inferior Toyo's.

I agree with you 101% I just replaced my tires on my ES at 19.5K and that is way to soon

in my book. I put Falkins on my car as how they will last I will just to wait and see but at

least I have a warranty on these and they are rated for 40K.

Good luck with the new tires.

• 1 month later...

I too am very disappointed in the tread life of my ES 350 tires (Michelin Energy MXV4 S8 - P 215/55/R17). I just bought the car and did not expect to need to replace the tires with only 13,500 miles; however, they will definitely need to be replaced by 20K miles :angry:

In researching tires, the Goodyear Eagle (featuring ResponsEdge Technology) http://www.goodyeartires.com/eagle/eagleRE_sizes.html has received very good reviews and has a 50K mile tread warranty.

Good luck :D

The vast majority of new car owners are disappointed with their OE tires (not just Lexus owners). The automakers are more concerned with lower rolling resistance tires for better fuel economy rather than a longer lasting tire that has much better traction.

Richard, what size tire do you need? 215 55 17? And what exactly are you looking for with your next set?

:cheers:

The vast majority of new car owners are disappointed with their OE tires (not just Lexus owners). The automakers are more concerned with lower rolling resistance tires for better fuel economy rather than a longer lasting tire that has much better traction.

Richard, what size tire do you need? 215 55 17? And what exactly are you looking for with your next set?

I dont know about that I got 40k on the OE tires on my 04 Honda CRV and close to that on my

97 nissan pickup.

I dont know about that I got 40k on the OE tires on my 04 Honda CRV and close to that on my

97 nissan pickup.

Like I said.....the vast majority.....not all. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I also live in South Florida. My OE Michelins MVX gave me 40K miles (mostly highway). I just replaced them with the the same Michelins MVX4 Primacy. We had heavy rain today (the first since I had the new tires) and I was impressed with how they handle the water. The afternoon downpours are no joke here in South FL. so good handling in water is important.

• 7 months later...

I had the same experience at 18,000 miles. It bugs me to have to replace tires at that mileage, particularly since the OE tires on my 03 4Runner lasted 45,000 miles... However, I guess there's some comfort in numbers... <_<

• 2 months later...

On the Internet, go to Tire Rack anytime that you need to replace tires. Their site is wonderful and offers comparisons between all tires also with testimonials from folks that have bought tires from them for their cars.

The Michilin Prevocy is currently the #1 rated all season tire on the Tire Rack survey for Grand Touring tires. They list for about $135 per tire in the 215/55/17 size that is the standard for the ES350. Since you live in Florida, you should consider using a Summer rated tire that will not have the compromises needed in a Four Season tire. As long as you do not drive in snow or on ice, the Summer tire is the right one for your car.

You'll probably find that the Summer tire is a better tire from the standpoint of comfort, handling, and life. So, do consider them.

Incidentally, the testimonials on Tire Rack for the OEM Michelin MXV4 S8 are not very good. Terrible in wet weather and not very good in snow.