12 Mpg Wtf!?!?!?!?!

thats pretty much the same as what i get on my 1999 sport.

I normally get about 25 mpg with my 98 GS400 I do mostly highway at 75mph. I routinly get 325 out of a tank. I sometimes drive like a maniac and others like an old woman.

BP

256 miles on a tank... thats about what i get before i fill up with the gas light on for a dozen miles or so. The usual purchase is for 15 gallons...which is 17mpg... i think you may have just calculated wrong because your car does not hold 21 gallons of gas... although new iridium plugs wouldn't hurt.

256 miles on a tank... thats about what i get before i fill up with the gas light on for a dozen miles or so. The usual purchase is for 15 gallons...which is 17mpg... i think you may have just calculated wrong because your car does not hold 21 gallons of gas... although new iridium plugs wouldn't hurt.

im getting around 12-15 in my 99 gs3 and i barely ever punch this car if i do ill get 8 miles to the gallon

no i didnt do the math wrong. my gs3 has a 19 gallon tank

256miles divided by 19 gallons... assuming you somehow drove you car til the tank was completely empty would give you mileage of 13.473684210526315789473684210526mpg... or so... 13.5mpg is not 12 mpg like you said.. and also I highly doubt you bought 19 gallons of gas on your last fill up unless you pushed your car to your gas station... so either your math is wrong...or the numbers you put up here are. In either case, try cleaning out the throttle body as they get filthy on our cars. A seafoam treatment wouldn't hurt either. On another note my mileage went up to 17.5mpg on my second to last fillup which is the best I've gotten in a long time. I was averaging about 15mpg these past few weeks.

256miles divided by 19 gallons... assuming you somehow drove you car til the tank was completely empty would give you mileage of 13.473684210526315789473684210526mpg... or so... 13.5mpg is not 12 mpg like you said.. and also I highly doubt you bought 19 gallons of gas on your last fill up unless you pushed your car to your gas station... so either your math is wrong...or the numbers you put up here are. In either case, try cleaning out the throttle body as they get filthy on our cars. A seafoam treatment wouldn't hurt either. On another note my mileage went up to 17.5mpg on my second to last fillup which is the best I've gotten in a long time. I was averaging about 15mpg these past few weeks.