Water Leaking/abs System Malfuntion

marie1104

Hello All,

I am new to this forum but need lots of help with my Lexus. Suffice it to say I am probably driving a lemon but cannot get rid of it because it will just end up costing me more than what I want to spend. Ok! here goes. Every time we have heavy downpours my floor has puddles in them. The drivers and passengers side, front and back and soaking wet. I have no clue where the water is coming from. I've gotten my sun roof cleaned and that wasn't the problem. It didn't fix a thing. So, I have no idea what else to do. Please please please help me with this. It has been like this for at least a year now and my car stinks horribly from the stagnet water. And everytime I get in the car I have to sit there for 10 min defrosting the condensation off of the windshield and windows on the inside of the car. I probably have moldon the carpets. Besides, I would like to get the carpets replaced but it would do no good because it's a recurring problem.

Next, everytime I seem to hit the break my abs system kicks in as if i'm sliding on something. I hear and feel a grinding sensation. I've gotten my brake pads and rotors replaced as well as my speed sensors. I have no idea what the problem may be. Do you think it's a bolt or nut that is too tight on something thats making it do that? I need help with this too.

Please help. I bought the car at 76k miles. 3 months after i bought it I had to replace the transmission because it failed on me while I was driving. I have a warrenty so they paid for it. I also had to replace it again a year later because it broke down on me on 95. I've had to replace speed sensors and a motor mount, as well as oxygen sensors. I've only had my car for 2.5 years. I take care of it and regularly get it checked/fixed. I just had a tune up done as well, so I don't understand why i'm having all of these problems. Please help me!!!!!!!

Hi , I also had water leaking on to the passenger side floor. I took the car to the dealer for some other work and I mentioned the water coming out of my heater box. He said "Oh, you need your gutters cleared. No problem we take care of it," no charge. They did it and the car was fine. Now three years later I can hear water when I accellerate or corner fast in the heater again and i wished I had asked what "gutters" to clear. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT GUTTERS TO CLEAN? It was a simple fix according to the dealer.

Hi , I also had water leaking on to the passenger side floor. I took the car to the dealer for some other work and I mentioned the water coming out of my heater box. He said "Oh, you need your gutters cleared. No problem we take care of it," no charge. They did it and the car was fine. Now three years later I can hear water when I accellerate or corner fast in the heater again and i wished I had asked what "gutters" to clear. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT GUTTERS TO CLEAN? It was a simple fix according to the dealer.

There are drains inside the roof, one at each rear outside corner, for what (little??) water gets through the sun roof seals.

I had an old Corvette convertible that leaked and I couldn't find the leak (if you are into classic Corvettes, all convertibles leak ;) ). I had read that you open your doors, lightly powder the rubber seals with talcum powder, and then close the doors. Then you use a garden hose to sprinkle the door. Any leaks will be defined by a lack of talcum powder where the water is coming in or even a whitish track where the water ran. This worked in my situation and may work for you. Don't forget the sun roof and tailgate seals.

Try this: http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rx300how2/ac_tube.htm