What Should I Look Out For

Going to look an a new rx350 on sat at Roseville Lexus, going to see what kind of deal I can get with the Costco rep. Any advise for me? looking for 1 with nav.

Jeff

I bought my 08 RX at Lexus of Roseville and live in Vacaville, too.

Look for a salesman by the name of John Miller. He is a bit hyperactive but will deal and wants to sell cars. The Costco price is 5% over dealer invoice but you don't have to haggle. The pit boss is a bit of an arrogant pain in the *** but that is usual at a dealer. He will try to wring 10 cents out of you. Stand firm and be ready to get up and walk out. Tell him you want the offer written so you won't have to go through this again at the Elk Grove dealer (or Concord dealer). That will soften him a bit. If they don't want to lower the price enough then be prepared with a list of extras for them to throw in the deal like tow hitch, mud guards, floor mats, upgraded rims, or anything else you can think of.

I got mine for less than the Costco discount price. Shop on the last day of the month for the best deal.

Think twice about the Nav. Aftermarket is portable and much more precise. I can program my Garmin on my computer and transfer routes to the device. Then there are the yearly and costly Lexus updates to the nav. Check out the forums for problems with the nav - there are plenty.

I bought my 08 RX at Lexus of Roseville and live in Vacaville, too.

Look for a salesman by the name of John Miller. He is a bit hyperactive but will deal and wants to sell cars. The Costco price is 5% over dealer invoice but you don't have to haggle. The pit boss is a bit of an arrogant pain in the *** but that is usual at a dealer. He will try to wring 10 cents out of you. Stand firm and be ready to get up and walk out. Tell him you want the offer written so you won't have to go through this again at the Elk Grove dealer (or Concord dealer). That will soften him a bit. If they don't want to lower the price enough then be prepared with a list of extras for them to throw in the deal like tow hitch, mud guards, floor mats, upgraded rims, or anything else you can think of.

I got mine for less than the Costco discount price. Shop on the last day of the month for the best deal.

Think twice about the Nav. Aftermarket is portable and much more precise. I can program my Garmin on my computer and transfer routes to the device. Then there are the yearly and costly Lexus updates to the nav. Check out the forums for problems with the nav - there are plenty.

Thanks for the info. I have a portable nav but the wife won't use it, I thought with the built in she might try it. How do you like the 350 so far? Have you had any of the rattles that I have been reading about?

Jeff

A good reason to get a nav system.

My RX had a rattle in the rear that has since gone away after some fiddling. The rattle mostly happened on the washboard wagon trail called I-80 that runs through town. You can click on my name to see my past posts on the subject. Pictures are included in the post unless they have been deleted by the moderator.

Otherwise, no rattling problems like are mentioned in other posts. The incidents seem isolated rather than typical.

Lexus of Roseville seems very willing to please as far as service goes however it is a long drive. When the free 5K service was done the personal settings were done at the same time. Be sure to check the settings before you leave the dealer to make sure they are right. Oh, and I blew $1300 on rims since during the wait for service after my wife spotted some fancy ones "on sale". My advice is to go alone or drop your wife at the shopping mall across the street from the auto mall. It will save money in the long run.

If I need something done it will be at the local Toyota dealer for less money and less driving time. Oil + filter changes and tire rotations will be self-done. There is only 8K miles on the car now so nothing much has been done yet.

I personally prefer Sacramento Lexus on fulton ave. Lexus of Roseville Service department sucks big time, I have documented and pictures of shoddy service after my transmission replacement, and further service because of poor work habits. some were quite embarrassing as they had left the sway bar disconnected on both sides, so it was hitting the brake lines. I bought my car at Sacramento, and never experienced this kind of workmanship. As for deals if you deal with the leasing agent through the computer I have found that you will always get the best deal. Try several dealerships and see who really gives you the best deal...

Well we bought the RX350 on the way back from Reno today. Paid 42K with Nav,bluetooth/voice-activation rear back up camera, 7 spoke liquid graphite wheels, heated seats,rain-sensing wipers, headlight washers and the luxury value edition premium plus package also tow prep, cargo mats wheel locks. The sticker was 38.8 + the add ons got it to 45.8K. We got the breakwater Blue with tan leather.

Jeff

Well we bought the RX350 on the way back from Reno today. Paid 42K with Nav,bluetooth/voice-activation rear back up camera, 7 spoke liquid graphite wheels, heated seats,rain-sensing wipers, headlight washers and the luxury value edition premium plus package also tow prep, cargo mats wheel locks. The sticker was 38.8 + the add ons got it to 45.8K. We got the breakwater Blue with tan leather.

Jeff

Maybe I'll see you driving around town. Since we live out in the country, our rig is painted dirt color. "Savanna Metallic" they call it or something similar. The rims are 10 spoke chrome. We liked Breakwater Blue also but "Dirt" was more useful for our situation. The tan leather is a must during those 100+ degrees we have be getting in summer.

Enjoy your rig. It sounds like you got just about everything there is to hang on it. And don't forget to change your car model on your fact sheet.

It is remarkable that you had any funds left after a trip Reno. Cache Creek is just as willing to take your cash and is a lot closer.

We also like to hit Cache Creek but The Peppermill gives us free rooms 2-3 times a year so we run up there for a couple night getaway. I got my profile changed, thanks for reminding me. I'll keep my eyes out for your RX around town.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...