Liftgate Rust

skip900

This is my first post so I hope I do this right. I have a 2002 and the last year or two I have noticed rust at window joint at bottom of liftgate. It seems that water is forced down to this area by the rear wiper and the fact that there is no spoiler to divert water running off roof.

Does anyone have this same problem? The rust seems a bit premature. Dealer says its not covered. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Skip

• 1 month later...
This is my first post so I hope I do this right. I have a 2002 and the last year or two I have noticed rust at window joint at bottom of liftgate. It seems that water is forced down to this area by the rear wiper and the fact that there is no spoiler to divert water running off roof.

Does anyone have this same problem? The rust seems a bit premature. Dealer says its not covered. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Skip

Skip, Ihave a 2001 LX470 and have found water under the rear storage area rug. It is causing the screws to rust that hold the trim on where the rear tail gate fold down. I thought Lexus had a lifetime rust or perforation warrantee???I see you didnt get any replies to your post? Some how water is getting under the rug where the third row of seats would be -Iam not sure how .I may need to pull the carpeting up to see what is going on under there...Any advice? Thanks, Chris

• 6 months later...

Skip

Skip, Ihave a 2001 LX470 and have found water under the rear storage area rug. It is causing the screws to rust that hold the trim on where the rear tail gate fold down. I thought Lexus had a lifetime rust or perforation warrantee???I see you didnt get any replies to your post? Some how water is getting under the rug where the third row of seats would be -Iam not sure how .I may need to pull the carpeting up to see what is going on under there...Any advice? Thanks, Chris

Skip, Chris:

I too have noticed rust bubbles on the inside bottom of the liftgate, in the middle behind the chrome strip but on the inside. This on a 2005 470 with only 32k miles. What gives?

Gary