No Heat! Brrrrr Its Cold Plse Help

gdave

hello everyone

my names dave and i am a 90'ls owner and heve been puzzled on the operation of my heat.I have played around with climate controls, changed the thermostat.My temp setting is all the way up and when heat is turned on u can hear the chute for the heater core open but after 20 min of driving still no heat.my lcd is blacked out like most ls, im frustrated please anyone help driving in jersey with 20 and 30 degree days is killing me

hello everyone

my names dave and i am a 90'ls owner and heve been puzzled on the operation of my heat.I have played around with climate controls, changed the thermostat.My temp setting is all the way up and when heat is turned on u can hear the chute for the heater core open but after 20 min of driving still no heat.my lcd is blacked out like most ls, im frustrated please anyone help driving in jersey with 20 and 30 degree days is killing me

I had the same problem. Check your coolant level. I filled it to the line and all is warm now.

hello everyone

Check the hot water flow control valve in the engine compartment at the top center of the firewall for full travel movement as you switch the control from max cold to max hot.

hello everyone

Try a new radiator (reservoir) cap. Old one may not hold enough pressure. Fixed mine.