Egr "issue"

zockslexus

:censored:

My check engine light is on, so I took it to CarX to have it looked at. They wanted to charge me 50 bucks just to tell me what the problem is...I didn't agree to that...so I convinced them to read my car anyway....haha.

I know I didn't get the full answer out of them...all he said was an EGR issue....and he needed to do more testing....Now, tell me if I am wrong, I know he knows exactally what is wrong with my car...a supposedly 10,000 dollar machine just tells him an egr issue? yea right...

Heres my question, has anybody had experience with anything egr related on a 94-96 es?? I am looking for some possibilities into what it could be.

I also want to know how to clean the valve out. My buddy has done it on a few cars..and it worked....I guess they get stuck every once and a while tripping the check engine light.

Any help is appreciated....Happy New Year!! :cheers:

Apparently you can clean it, but you should get the two gaskets for it so that you will have a good seal when replacing it. I have cleaned them on other cars, but not the Lexus. the gaskets are available at parts stores, or maybe even at toyota dealerships. They should be pretty cheap. I would go to Autozone and get the codes for free, then post them here and get our help.

Apparently you can clean it, but you should get the two gaskets for it so that you will have a good seal when replacing it. I have cleaned them on other cars, but not the Lexus. the gaskets are available at parts stores, or maybe even at toyota dealerships. They should be pretty cheap. I would go to Autozone and get the codes for free, then post them here and get our help.

Thank you for your response.

I plan on going to autozone asap...and I am anxious to see what is wrong with my car...she has 218,000 and counting on her.

What do you recommend cleaning the EGR valve with?

Thanks again!! :cheers: