30,000 Mile Service

tracer55

Have owned my 2004 ES330 for about 4 months now. It is almost due for its next oil change according to sticker on windshield.(first change since I have owned car) My service soon light is on, car has about 30,000 mles on it. Local dealer is telling me that it is due for a particular service interival that includes changing trans fluid, flushing brake fluid, changing air filter, rotating tires, and oil change to the tune of 600.00.

Have always changed my own oil on all of my cars( Honda, Acura, Mazda, Volvo). I find it hard to believe that at 30,000 require trans and brake fluid change. If I do the oil changes myself and keep records does this impact my warranty? What oil do you suggest if I do it myself? I have always used Castroil on my other cars. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Have owned my 2004 ES330 for about 4 months now. It is almost due for its next oil change according to sticker on windshield.(first change since I have owned car) My service soon light is on, car has about 30,000 mles on it. Local dealer is telling me that it is due for a particular service interival that includes changing trans fluid, flushing brake fluid, changing air filter, rotating tires, and oil change to the tune of 600.00.

Have always changed my own oil on all of my cars( Honda, Acura, Mazda, Volvo). I find it hard to believe that at 30,000 require trans and brake fluid change. If I do the oil changes myself and keep records does this impact my warranty? What oil do you suggest if I do it myself? I have always used Castroil on my other cars. Any suggestions would be appreciated

brake fluid change for ABS need done every two years or your brake system will rust which will cause internal leak.