Driver Side Head Light Assembly

slicky

2004 RX330 AWD Performance package

The driver side headlight is gone due to water condensation. Dealership says it will be around

$850 to replace it. I've the AFS version with HID.

Any ideas how to get this fixed cheaper? Can I buy OEM part anywhere? Does anyone know

the part number?

Thanks for the help!

The driver side headlight is gone due to water condensation. Dealership says it will be around

Any ideas how to get this fixed cheaper? Can I buy OEM part anywhere? Does anyone know

the part number?

Thanks for the help!

That sounds pretty good for a headlamp assembly. Give me the VIN and I'll give you a part number and a price.

Found it. My car is just out of warranty. So, do you think I can ask them to replace it without charging me by referring

to the TSB?

You never know what a polite request followed by a little fist slamming might do. Talk to them in the lounge area, out of his comfort zone.

No luck. They said no and asking $1300 to replace it. When I called them last week, they quoted around

$800.

The service guy said (before giving the above answer) we likely to charge you because you don't

have lot of service history with us. Yes, I service my car with Toyoto since they are cheaper.

It appears they extend courtesy to customers who regularly service with them.

At this point what I can do? $1300 is too expensive for me. I'm planning to call Lexus on Tuesday

and talk to them above my experience with the dealership.

the part number?

Thanks for the help!

That sounds pretty good for a headlamp assembly. Give me the VIN and I'll give you a part number and a price.

The VIN # is JTJHA31U0040013868

Theres no harm in talking to the manufacturer. It will depend on your attitude, in other words don't give an attitude. Ask politely for some assistance. Understand you are out of warranty and manufacturers also look at your service history as a guage. Business is all about relationship. You chose to go somewhere else for service, which is fine as Lexus costs are generally high, but now that you have a problem, you come back expecting to be treated the same as someone who regularly brings their car in to Lexus for service. Is that fair to the other owner? Lexus dealers understand servicing a Lexus can be high. If you were a regular customer, you would have had the dealership service department on your side. The dealership would have worked with the manufacturer and could have provided some assistance, possibly even warranty the part. This is not unique to Lexus, as all manufacturers do the same thing. Returning customers are loyal customers and therefore are valuable customers. Remember, work with your dealership as they can be a valuable ally to you in looking for assistance from the manufacturer.

Good luck.

I was very polite with them. $1300 for part & labor. I'm going to be polite with manufacturer too. Lets see what happens.

Is it possible to get this fixed cheaper if I buy the parts myself? What is the best source to get the parts?? thx

That price might be a bit high. VIN doesn't seem to pull up for me, but if you do have a Japanese built sport package RX, the only headlamp available for the vehicle is the lens capsule only. No bulbs or ballast. Everything gets swapped over to the new headlamp. The capsule lists for a little $600 plus tax and then the labor to swap over components. Only the North American built RXs have a listing for complete headlamps.

I spoke with Lexus corporate office and explained the situation. They said they will escalate the issue

and get back to me in 2 days. Lets see what happens.

Meanwhile, I'd appreciate if anyone provides me a source to buy OEM parts.

I spoke with Lexus corporate office and explained the situation. They said they will escalate the issue

Your vehicle is equipped with High Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) Original equipment replacement is #81185-48260 for the left side. It comes with everything int the box in the picture below. Lexus suggested list price for the part only is $615.60. I have it for $492.48.

post-54923-1199370597_thumb.jpg

post-54923-1199370619_thumb.jpg

Your vehicle is equipped with High Intensity Discharge Headlamps (HID) with Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS) Original equipment replacement is #81185-48260 for the left side. It comes with everything int the box in the picture below. Lexus suggested list price for the part only is $615.60. I have it for $492.48.

Thanks. If I've to pay from my pocket, I will buy it from you. Does the above contain everything I need to replace the faulty unit? Please let me know how I've to pay (paypal etc).

• 1 year later...
Is your car out of warranty?

If not, I think there is a TSB for the replacement.

yes. it is out of warrenty. what is TSB?

TSB Toyota service bulletin.

You might try a search on headlight condensation for more ideas.

Do you know where I can find a copy of the tsb?

I think it is #307.