Car Finally Fixed.

Fobulous

For some odd reason i can't find the old thread i started about my car's low coolant level.

Anyway. Finally got it fixed over the weekend.

I ended up changing:

Radiator

Water Pump

Front Seals

Spark Plugs

Timing belts

Driving belts

part & labor about $800...

It's a '93..my bro gave it to me just a few months back..

it had a problem leaking bunch of coolant ..that was why i took it to a machanic way out there in Arlington (he's quiet cheap)..i think the same job would require me to shell out $1-2k at the Lexus Dealers easy..

Cool. Mine too. I had to replace my radiator a short while back-did it myself. Wasn't too bad at all, just sorta messy is all..I need to look into valve cover gaskets. Guy I bought it from says they're brand new, and they very well may be, but the car still smells like oil... <_<

Same here. I had to replace my radiator not long after i got it. That was a ruff one trying to find a radiator for a 1993 5 speed manual. I called lexus for one and they quoted me at $550.00. They said it was cause it had to be special ordered because it was a 93 5 speed. I ended up getting one from a junkyard that sold foreign parts. Cost me $150.00. I wasn't looking for it to be cheap or even looking for a used one i just wanted one that wouldn't cost me $550.00. Two junkyards told me $350.00. Can you believe it? There was no way that i was paying $350.00 for a used radiator. The one that i ended up getting was like brand new. That made me happy. :)

That is a good price, $800 for everything. Parts itself is not cheap if you have to buy retail.

i think they are cramshaft and crankshaft seals. My car was leaking oil...according to my mechanic this is a toyota phenomena, most of his Toyota works are involved with changing seals because most of the older Toyota's have oil leak problems.