Going To Japan - Any Travel Advise?

Rya

Leaving in the morning as long as the weather holds out.... we're getting snow & up to 10" is expected. This might not have been the time to be brave an try a turbo-prop....

Leaving in the morning as long as the weather holds out.... we're getting snow & up to 10" is expected. This might not have been the time to be brave an try a turbo-prop....

Rya, Safe travels, Take alot of pictures, And share please. B)

Good Luck, RYA................ ;)

Thanks. I'm still here..... going to try to fly out tomorrow. Stupid snow storm. :angry: My sight seeing time is Tokyo had to be canceled. Oh well, what can you do...

OH no! :( Well enjoy whatever time you have left on your time! Stay safe, and take lots of pix, especially the Toyota and Lexus vehicles on the road. :D :D

Thanks Den! Actually, I'm still in Ohio! Finally leaving tomorrow before the next round of snow blows in. What a bummer....

How are you?? Girlfriend yet?? School done for the semester? Take care!

OH no! :( Well enjoy whatever time you have left on your time! Stay safe, and take lots of pix, especially the Toyota and Lexus vehicles on the road. :D :D

Thanks Den! Actually, I'm still in Ohio! Finally leaving tomorrow before the next round of snow blows in. What a bummer....

How are you?? Girlfriend yet?? School done for the semester? Take care!

Bon Voyage !!! Keep in touch Rya, Safe travels and don't forget the pictures.

Well..... as of today, trip cancelled. I was at the gate, in line to board and I was "bumped" due to the the flight being oversold. They couldn't get me to Tokyo until Thursday & the meetings are scheduled for Wednesday & Thursday.

I'm soooo disapointed. Se la vie I guess.

Thanks everyone for your support & advise!

Well..... as of today, trip cancelled. I was at the gate, in line to board and I was "bumped" due to the the flight being oversold. They couldn't get me to Tokyo until Thursday & the meetings are scheduled for Wednesday & Thursday.

I just moved back to the states from Atsugi, its beautiful over there, make sure you hit up the electronics district of Tokyo, Akihabara. The best advice I can give you, go there, see as much as you can and keep a very open mind to the fact that Japan is still a very much closed society, and if you go into a restaurant or any were and get a crossed arm in the type of x don’t worry about it, just bow your head and walk away, there telling you your not welcome there, but not because your American, because they do not speak English and cannot service you..

Have a good trip.

I just moved back to the states from Atsugi, its beautiful over there, make sure you hit up the electronics district of Tokyo, Akihabara. The best advice I can give you, go there, see as much as you can and keep a very open mind to the fact that Japan is still a very much closed society, and if you go into a restaurant or any were and get a crossed arm in the type of x don’t worry about it, just bow your head and walk away, there telling you your not welcome there, but not because your American, because they do not speak English and cannot service you..

Have a good trip.

???? Um, didn't you read the posting you've included in response? :geek: :whistles: :huh:

Have a good trip.

good advise for when i get there.... someday. :cries:

Too bad , i really would be crying and would have found a way to have 3 connecting flights and a stop in honk kong just to be there.

BTW a VIP magazine is a car culture for nuts like me who like real luxury V8's wide low cars with big deep wheels . It is also called bippu and is fashioned after the Japanese Mafia Yakuza since the cars look very gangster.

Too bad , i really would be crying and would have found a way to have 3 connecting flights and a stop in honk kong just to be there.

BTW a VIP magazine is a car culture for nuts like me who like real luxury V8's wide low cars with big deep wheels . It is also called bippu and is fashioned after the Japanese Mafia Yakuza since the cars look very gangster.

I tried to leave Saturday - not only flying out - but we hopped in the car to attempt to drive to Detroit. There was just no way in the snow - we drove 50 miles and had to turn around. Then yesterday I was "bumped" due to the flight being oversold b/c of the weekend weather. I wouldn't have arrived in Toyama until Thursday or Friday - the meetings were on Wednesday & Thursday. It sucked..... :(

Understand about the VIP mag. I don't know why I'm so active in car forum - I guess I like you guys! :) I was worried about my tattoos overthere because of the Yakuza, I know there is a big stigma attached to the ink (none are visible in a work setting - just the hot spas worried me a bit)

• 2 weeks later...