Vsc Light On By Itself

RX300LMR

After replacing A/F sensor yesterday, the VSC light is coming on by itself (No check engine light) when I start to drive. The EFI fuse was pulled and the CEL shut off, but the VSC light came right on and stayed on. Drove a few short trips last night and today and now when I start the car, stay in Park or even shift into 'Drive' the VSC light remains off, BUT as soon as I start to accelerate the light comes on within a few seconds.

The CEL bulb is fine since it comes on during initial start-up. I checked the manual and can't find too much on it, other than take to the dealer...which won't be happening. Since it's changed a bit since yesterday, I was wondering if it may clear itself up after a few more key cycles or if anyone has any ideas?

After replacing A/F sensor yesterday, the VSC light is coming on by itself (No check engine light) when I start to drive. The EFI fuse was pulled and the CEL shut off, but the VSC light came right on and stayed on. Drove a few short trips last night and today and now when I start the car, stay in Park or even shift into 'Drive' the VSC light remains off, BUT as soon as I start to accelerate the light comes on within a few seconds.

The CEL bulb is fine since it comes on during initial start-up. I checked the manual and can't find too much on it, other than take to the dealer...which won't be happening. Since it's changed a bit since yesterday, I was wondering if it may clear itself up after a few more key cycles or if anyone has any ideas?

"....soon as I start to accelerate..."

That would seemingly imply the accelerometer/yaw sensor module.

There are only two sensors unique to VSC, the aforementioned and the stearing wheel rotational position sensor.

"....soon as I start to accelerate..."

That would seemingly imply the accelerometer/yaw sensor module.

There are only two sensors unique to VSC, the aforementioned and the stearing wheel rotational position sensor.

Thanks for your response, now let me ask this please:

Since the VSC light is on without the Check Engine light, will the computer still record an error code? Also, is the VSC controlled by the computer - meaning when we pulled the EFI fuse, should that have reset the VSC light?

I am no expert in this particular problem, but most lights do cause a code to come up. Also, just by pulling the EFI fuse, that should still leave a code history in the computer, which will most likely cause the VSC light to come on whenever it senses the problem again. Most codes come up after the problem is sensed a few times, not just once....ie: a missing cylindar / misfire code may not come up if it only misfired one time....it often takes a few times and the computer checks the past history to determine if it is a real problem / code. Keep us posted as to what the problem is, I would appreciate the knowledge.

Thank, I will keep everyone posted. Tonight I'll try and swing by Autozone to read the codes (if any) since the light came on again this morning. I was a little encouraged yesterday when it stayed off as I started the car. Now it only comes on when the car is in gear and actually moving, so I'm anxious to see if there are any pending or current codes.